fedykin

alternaive freefly licencing system

heres an idea.
why doesnt a paralell system roughly resenbling the olav AD system be instituted under the uspa. ie.. A AD licence, B etc... Set up upon simular standards, aims etc... That way there could be a standard people could aspire to with testers/instructors more readily available and at the same time it would marginalise olavs influence/control. call it a skyball licence test not AD bla bla.

Having a licencing system with levels signifying degrees of proficientcy is one means of pushing people to attempt to achive a higher standar of flying and at the same time can be an effect means of communocating ability ie... so and so has a B licence, he/she should be OK.

The current system in the UK is a complete joke and there seems to be only self regulation in the US and worldwide. The french B4 licence is very well thought out with flying and ground theory being tested to a high standard(not that i can sit in the same room as them).

just an idea

Sorry, but this post is a bit lame imo...
Doing a search on that subject will keep you reading all day...
For your convenience...
Look here
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I agree, a new license needs to be made, and yes, talk of it is getting a bit tiresome, but it still needs done. There are two problems IMHO:

1. Don't leave it to USPA. Everyone knows how passive they are towards the FAA, and while the FAA hates spaceballs, the USPA will not include them in the test, making some kind of "AD equivalent" impossible.

2. People are focusing WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much on the name. Who gives a shit what it's called if it's a good system? I'd take it even if it were called "The LookatmeIcanfreeflyandItookthistestandIwaslikeWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" test. Work out a good system first, THEN concern yourself with the name.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I understand where you are coming from. A new system would be easily accepted and implicated if it was sponsored by the USPA. However there are several serious problems with this suggestion. IMO, the difference between self-regulation and over regulation is when unnecessary regulation can be enforced or made law. USPA’s role is best left limited to student training programs and instructor ratings that pertain to training students only. I think any interference by the USPA in the actual disciplines that experienced skydivers enjoy will only have a negative effect. Once of the student program or past the ‘A’ license, we do not need USPA telling us how to go about our skydives. We can tell that for ourselves; which keeps our disciplines self-regulated. For example, say you had just a couple of hundred jumps and some freefly skygod saw you trying to learn headdown. Suppose he came up and told you not to be trying headdown until you’ve reached a certain level of proficiency in your sit. You’d probably laugh in his face. Now, what if USPA told you the same thing. Instead of laughing you’re now pissed thinking that’s bullshit and a non-group member DZ suddenly sounds all the more appealing.

As far as skyballs are concerned, they are only legal if they are retrieved. USPA will not endorse a test that uses them. Not only because of FAR’s but also because if they say spaceballs are okay and then somebody gets killed by one on the ground, the USPA could possibly be held liable to some degree in a lawsuit.

In regards to marginalizing Olav’s influence/control, he completely dumped his AD system over hear and moved to Europe. Thru the active role he is taking hear in the states, it doesn’t appear he has any influence/control.

I haven’t seen the systems for the UK and the French. If you have them available, would you post their systems or a link.

Levin
vSCS#3
www.freeflyers.com

>>In regards to marginalizing Olav’s influence/control, he completely dumped his AD system over hear and moved to Europe.<<

That's a pretty bold statement to make. Are you saying that he 'moved' to europe because, that is what you 'think' or because that is what you know? I've recently heard otherwise.:|
Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."

he must be gone...I have not ridden in an Otter or Caravan that smelled of intense body odor in some time.

Whoa, it just got a bit colder in here!! B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

alternaive freefly licencing system

Typo or freudian slip? :ph34r:

(sorry, not picking on you personally Fedykin) ;)

But seriously, what's with all the 'we need a license to show who's good'?

Just jump!

Wanna get better? Gather a small group of people, build a vibe with them and jump together - alot. Or go compete in stuff.

Wanna know if the 'new guy' on the dz is any good? Go jump with him! Pull yourself off the 10-way and go do a 2-way!

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi