DrNo

atmonauti...

How about advanced Flocking, rather than aggressive.

Plain ole flocking is alot easier to get a lot of people in the same area. Advance the skills to specific angles do formations and docking and such and call it something else.

I don't really agree that it's entirely it's own category however I agree that the skill needed to do it well places it in it's own category. So advancing from traditional flocking to Autmonauti and calling it such, is fine with me. I can go along with that.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

tracking, the relative wind is hitting the leaders' back.

I don't know if thats true..since all the frick videos have the leader tracking (Marco) in a normal position (not backtracking) so the relative wind is on his front side...

I apollogize if I misunderstood you...

best regards,
Uros

The relative wind in the true atmonauti is just like in a head down .......coming straight down onto your head. Whether you are facing down or up.

It is not tracking.

This is just not true at all.

Atmonauti flying is an interesting body position that requires some aspects of head down and some aspects of tracking and some aspects that are unique to it. But if you are at a 45 degree angle, and FALLING, then some wind is hitting you on the surface that is exposed to the earth.

How is it true?

Angle your self and the wind is going to hit the surfce facing the earth.

You cannot break the laws of physics. You can explore them, they don't seem to really apply to some people but those people are the ones who explore the most.

Adding: Thewind will hit the top of your head just like a head down only if you tilt your head down. The wind will still hit the body front or back depending.....
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

aha...ups, I used the t word..off course I meant the leader "atmonauting"...;)

FYI: Marco Tiezzi refers to the leader as the 'navigator'. :)
Atmonauti is a lot of fun. It feels more like head down than tracking to me. When you get the right position you don't feel any pressure on your chest any more. The wind pressure is on your head, arms, and legs, just like with head down.

One of the coolest things I have seen Marco do is an atmonauti tandem. He'll take a tandem passenger and fly with 10 other people in atmonauti. He doesn't deploy the drogue until after breakoff of the formation. The formation isn't going much faster than usual apparently. Check out this dz.com article http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=559. It has a pic of the atmonauti tandem.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

What up D.C.
Is their any bigway stuff of it on the video
I left you, ( trance 101 )

I think we have done good on the atmonauti jumps we have done together.
Would you agree?
I have been checking out the video we have.
and see a lot of things that can be done to control speed and fall rate.

I also think we get more horizontal distance than in a track.

Atmonauti is more fun than tracking or flocking.

CHECK THE ATMONAUTI SITE
http://www.atmonauti.com/

in my opinion atmonauti is an angle of freeflight.

so it is a freefly discipline.
i really really like the feeling of it but i never understood how you can invent an angle flight?

for sure marco and gi developed alot of flying poses for a certain angle but i do not understand what was invented there. developed - yes, for sure.

freeflying is to fly free wherever your creative spirit guides you. it covers the full range of angles and i have seen videos (a lot of them) where this angle has been flewn on back and belly in big and small formations over 10 years ago - and to be honest even if i am european - it was in the us. so i do not understand all the marketing strategy.

it is a great boogie entertainment - nice, very easy way to bring groups together, this is for sure.

but all this inventing - what was invented? i dont understand it! 45 degrees is a very aerodynamic angle, this is for sure - but do we start now to claim - 25- 30 degrees is yours, 35 - 55 degrees is his, 55- 90 degrees hers? thats a bit alot for me... i like freeflying - 360 deg. range, change the angles.

(i dont understand - this is the reason - when a friend of mine was lo with marco and gi he did a full angle change - and then came up the discussion because he wrote - full angle dive on the lo board - that he has to write track to atmonauti to head down - what the f***

inventing an angle... after freeflying is done...
no...

but great work developing an angle of freeflight.

We did an Atmo-Tandem at the Texel Freefly Extravaganza this year,
Steve Newmans girlfriend Al was on the front,
It was a 14-way from 15k,
Tandem depolyed drogue at 8k.
I 2nd to last out followed by Adrian Nicholas, the group were so far away and it was hard work to get to but i got there, Adrian went past me like a flash after exit and got straight down to it.

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

It is certainly different from tracking, at least the way I used to do it. It took me about 30 jumps with Marco load organising to start feeling it.

Before that it was frustration and thinking "its just some crap tracking in ridiculous frog-like position":o, Then suddenly light goes on and you feel it! Its like becoming weightless. You can realx your body, no need to tense the muscles as in flat tracking or hd flocking (OK, I havent done much of that).

Forward speed is quite incredible and on my belly Pro-Track recorded vertical speeds of 130-140 km/h (87 mph?) at times, and I'am 83 kg/182 pounds naked.

The funny part is the 3D work, seeing someone right below you, feets away on their back and yet not falling on them, since the burble is very flat.

Not too many people do it, even more people discard it without having the chance to work extensively with an instructor. From what I saw it does take 30-40 jumps for most people to stop "tracking" and relax into atmo position. While they track, they may be able to follow an atmo formation, but will not be able to fly a clean dock.

I'd have difficulties to explain the technique, its best to jump with someone and watch/imitate. One sensation I could describe is feeling the air on my chest, coming from below, relaxing and then you get this lift and no-gravity sensations. At least thats me.

Hey Eric, Just saw this now. Big way? How big is a big-way for atmanauti? Nowadays about 6 or more I guess...then yes. We need to get more footage from a further perspective. I'm going to start doing it maybe...might as well get more use of the the 3-chip. Perhaps with atleast four people - with outside video from a side angle. There are a number of flyers around here who are with us...we've got Jon, Adam, and I'm sure the rest Sussex has it down.

Yeah, I gotta agree on that distance. It would be cool to see aerodymic statistics on that. I mean which angle is likely to provide a faster horizontal vector. Ok, that's dorky, but you know what I mean. Better start taking note of that for spotting as we get even better.

I don't know what will be going on at Crosskeys next year, but the Jersey atmonauti scene will be up a few levels because of our group...

yes, i felt it - nice pics by the way! ;o)
about the trademark thing - this is an old discussion,
that doesnt make any sense. or did ever someone pay anything for using the term? no - and that wont change. the tm thing is from ages ago and had a total different thing. imagine when the guys tried to make it become a worldchampion ship discipline - things like this had to be done. all the crap around the tm thing is just misunderstood.

and with atmonauti is freeflying - i just mean it is not belly flying - it is an angle of freeflight - which is nothing bad - it is just the way.

but have alot of fun flying however you feel good! thats the most important thin! :ph34r: