funks

Dont you hate when your Whuffo friends see a video

and say, "whats so hard about that" Granted all the freefly teams make it look so easy on all the videos..but it drives me nuts because all the whuffos of the world have no idea how much hard work it is....I always get the same response.."whats so hard about throwing yourself out of an airplane?" uuuggghhhh only if they had a clue!!

"whats so hard about throwing yourself out of an airplane?"

And you respond... "Nothing really. I'm going again on saturday and you can come out for your first jump. It's Simple"

Pick up the phone.. dial the DZ to make an appoint ment ... Smile ... Say nothing more. B|
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

you know the drill....all the whuffos say it is so easy but when it comes down to getting out there and doing it themselves they have every excuse in the book ready to roll....I dont mind the whuffos who from the getgo say they never ever want to do it, but the ones who say they want to do it but never seem to be able to get around to it are the ones that drive me crazy......i think i just want to be able to get off on seeing them paralyzed with fear on that first jump...i am a sadistic bastard

True True... So then I show them the Flyboys Party Mix... you guys know the part where there is the caption "Flyboys Freefly School"? And they show the boys flying with differnt students? There one where someone is trying really hard to get into a sit but is flopping all around... whoever is coaching is staying right there with them.... Even the whuffo-est of whuffos can see that the student can't fly stable sit and that the coach is working Hard to stay with... actually, it's one of my favorite sit vids to watch 'cause you get to see all sorts of inputs and what they do.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

you poor mortals...you should be making your sacrifices to me and it would be lots easier for you too....

I keep applying to be accepted into the Jedi freefly program, but keep getting rejected by the powers that be. So what's a mortal to do? Swoop ... B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

you should be making your sacrifices to me and it would be lots easier for you too....

--->hmmmmm, well........we do have a volcano here in Washington state..........hard part will be finding a virgin........:P to toss in...

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

and what's so hard about freeflying ??? RW is much harder :P Freeflyers are no good, the head down WR is only 24... RW is 300... Bellyflyers are much better.
the few whuffos I still know just love to see my VDO's... they just keep asking why the never see me on the tape... My level is not good enough to jump with the cam in my hand or with a mirror...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

Ya know, we were having a discussion about this just two nights ago around the campfire. That's the reason that freefly failed at the X-Games, is whuffos don't have any idea just how difficult it is to freefly. They don't realize the skills that are needed just to fly straight down the tube, or just to take a single dock. And come on, don't even get me started on the "there's more than one way to jump out of an airplane?" people......... :S Man, INFORMATIVE publicity is needed!!!

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Just take a cameraman and that's all ya need bro. the thing is, whuffo's look at it and say, "Okay, they're falling close together, and their spinning, big deal."

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

A big reason was partially because the X-Trials were held in far away places. Sure they were beautiful but it cost an arm and your family dogs leg to get there to compete for a chance to win 1/3rd of a prize. If you were in 3rd place, that's $333.33 Each. Since the ticket to Charmey Switzerland, or Ampfing germany cost 3 to 4 times that much, teams were very reluctant to participate.

The foreign competitors would Train in the US, then have to fly back over seas to compete.

The X-Trials (SSI-Pro-Tour) was a good idea but very Poorly executed.

It is pretty boring to watch on a national level any way. Wrongway stated it quite well. ..."Okay, they're falling close together, and their spinning, big deal."...

Unless it appears to be radical it's not exciting.

Swooping will do well, because you can smash into the ground and break or kill yourself. Freeflying just doesn't have that appeal.

Oh, two more things, upside down video is not decipherable to non-skydivers. And Levin, you're correct as well, if you can't see it live, then who cares.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Not saying your wrong or I disagree because I really don't know. But I remember when they yanked skysurfing and freeflying from X-games. I honestly thought it was because the spectators couldn't sit in the stands and watch it going on in the arena. Skateboarding is more interesting because spectators can watch the skateboarders fly up in the air and come down and rack themselves on the top of the ramp. With skydiving at best they will see a cut-away and even then will likely not understand what they just saw. Instead they have to watch what happens in the air on a big screen. Just isn't the same as watching it live with their own eyes. I thought there was some talk awhile back about pond swooping becoming apart of the x-games. I think that wold make a much better X-game than freeflying. Especially to attract new sponsors into the sport.

Levin
vSCR#17
www.freeflyers.com