D22369

Olav?

last I heard of him was at the BPA AGM during a seminar on Freeflying. When the speeker asked olav about his ideas on what freeflying ment he was told

"Freefly" TM is a trade mark and it belongs to me. Everytime you use the word "Freefly" TM without my permission, you do me out of $5.

Just curious, a couple of years ago, all you every heard was Olav zipser this and that, whatever happened to him

would you be talking about Olav who gives a shit?? what an ass....his team mates were SOOOO much nicer than him. Rook and Mike are the bomb...Olav...just an ass.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

>>would you be talking about Olav who gives a shit?? what an ass....his team mates were SOOOO much nicer than him. Rook and Mike are the bomb...Olav...just an ass. <<

have you met him personally?

Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."

last I heard of him was at the BPA AGM during a seminar on Freeflying. When the speeker asked olav about his ideas on what freeflying ment he was told

"Freefly" TM is a trade mark and it belongs to me. Everytime you use the word "Freefly" TM without my permission, you do me out of $5.

Kind of like that whole Dolphin award thing(some would say scam) going huh?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

There is not a human being alive that could possibly be more full of themselves.

Felix "god of the skies" perhaps??:S

havent met either, but everyone who i've talked to about Olav said he is a really great guy and that lots of the BS you hear about him is taken way out of context

There is not a human being alive that could possibly be more full of themselves. (Ok that might be a slight exageration) And before anyone asks, yes I have met him personally on many occasions.

How ironic is it that your nickname on here is "SkyDolphin"?

Just jokin dude! Chill. I can agree with you here a little bit. I just feel like he has the "power" to do more good for the sport. Instead, the father of freefly (TM) chooses to develop the sport in a proprietary way.

Most of the people I've talked to who have met him in person say he's a pretty nice guy.

Absolutely. He was at our dropzone with Stefania last year before the championships. Both of them really nice & helpful.

gree'z
chronistin

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)

Have you been to Europe and seen some of what is going on over there? I was blown away by some of the things they are doing. The Funkflyz from Denmark are absolutely incredible and Aria and Babylon are probably two of the top three freefly teams in the world. I thought freeflying was starting to get a bit stale, but going to Europe this summer really got my juices flowing again. Its going to be an interesting World Champioships next month!

Aria and Babylon are probably two of the top three freefly teams in the world

Absolutely! :)
And aside from the fact that we aren't supposed to talk sh!t about people in these forums, doesn't Olav deserve some respect? Whether or not 'he' feels he's entitled to it or not - we are here now, in part, because of what he and a handful of others did over 10 years ago.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

I find all of this amusing as hell...

The main point is: we wouldn't even be discussing Olav if he wasn't a kick-ass freeflier. It is what it is... I would never tell him he couldn't jump with me because he's too much of an asshole. I don't really care to even have an opinion on the matter of good Olav vs. bad Olav. I love freeflying! The greatest part about the pioneers of freeflying, and the skygods: they have all been at the point I am at right now. Now THAT gives me something to look forward to and strive for.

Thanks to everyone who played a part in making freeflying (TM) into what it is today.

***This post is not directed towards anyone.
(please refrain from getting panties in a twist)
****ccowden rocks the free world!!