Vertifly

How many fun jumps, coaching jumps, and where do you feel your skills are right now?

Just curious as to the experience level of people on the forum. I've seen so many different skill levels posted here, and I was wondering about the hard numbers.

If you don't fit into the silly catagories that I put in, feel free to make up your own. :S

..but please, if you don't want to remain anonymous, also post a return to say that you've voted. Just say, "me" or something :ph34r: heheh

408 jumps 350+ freefly. pretty solid sit and head down. I can dock softly and hold my own, but hdtransitions need work. sit fly is really stable and transitions are fluid. belly on the otherhand is not very good... I can get where I need to go, but you wont find me on anything bigger than a 15 way with more than 1 point.

-yoshi

I have about 350 total jumps. Probably around 250 free flying. Been flying on my head regularly since about 100 jumps. I'm to the point of doing anything you want in a two way but I CAN have trouble flying my slot in bigger way head downs. That shit just plain takes LOTS of jumps and experience. [:/] It takes MAD skill to sit absolutely still in a slot and take docks. I'll get there one day though.

your catagories look good to me. Ive got 173 jumps, started freeflying (tons of solo attempts! :) right after student status. Got a solid sit down, then around my 100th, started HD attemps with a more experienced freeflyer. Weve since become good friends, and have made every jump with him since. He also has video, so that has been very helpfull. My first HD attempts were VERY fast. I weigh close to 200lbs w/o gear. Right now Im working on continuing to slow down my HD / fly daffy, flower exit. Robert and I touch regular while HD and dock aggressivley sitting. Our last jump was our best so far with a killer smooth flower and two honest HD docks! Wohooo!! I just ordered a FF2, and plan to just keep on jumpin. Thanks, Robert!!

Freeflying Rules!
Blue Skies!

I have near 300 jumps. More or less 175 freefly. I can sit very solid and feel comfortable, forward, backward, very slow and very fast, turn and orbit. Dock softly - I found it trick to do. Still working on my dock, transition, fast forward and sitfly speed range - I seem have trouble to keep same speed all the way down with fast sitflyers. Strange that I can do those things better when I am not thinking to do it. Dunno why. I guess I will never stop learning how to fly...

180 jumps total, abot 130 freefly jumps, head up/head down, about 10 'coaching' jumps..Haven't jumped in about a month due to plain's motor change..
I'm very pleased with my FF'ing now, very stable sit, very confident in headdown, stable docks, carving, eagles...

I have never had any coach jumps.. I feel that I can pretty much do anything now with freeflying.. Not perfect but at least in real solid control.. 900 jumps or so..

the only way I ever had to learn was through video and just jumping with homez.. having fun!!!
I did spend a two month period last year, that I jumped maybe 6 times a day and after that was the real turning point in my skill all the doors opened after that!!............

I have about 1300 freefly jumps and have a total of about 2100. Most of my early freefly jumps were self teaching, so it took me a while. But in the last 2 years or so, I have really buckled down and get coaching jumps whenever I can! Never stop learning. I am very happy with where I am at now with my skills and just continue to work and learn from everyone.

There is a short video we did earlier this year if you want to see. I am the one on my head in the clips.
http://www.badfishfreefly.com/gallery/badfish_gallery_index.htm
It's the very bottom thumbnail.

315 jumps, about 220 freefly, solid sit, sit anyway you want, HD not stable (just started).
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...