freeflydrew

The Hot Footage...

Damn good vid !!

Any way to download it ? Would really like to...

I tried hard with various network sniffing tools like tcpdump to see what the macromedia flash application was getting from the web (where it was getting the movie), but I couldn't figure it out. Sorry. Maybe there's other network nerds around who can figure this one out? B|

Edited to add: Ehmm... okay... I did manage to find a link. Ethereal to the rescue:

http://www.aria.bz/fotos_swf/sebastian/video1.swf

Its still a flash movie, so you'll have to watch it in your browser, but you can right click on this link, and select 'save as...' and then save it to your HD, for later watching. Have fun.

It is indeed a very impressive movie. These guys have amazing control. :)
Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

The movie is embeded in Flash. Its done with Flash Mx. I am not sure, I think the movie is embeded in the .swf file itself. (shock wave flash not single white female.)

This manover was done at the Project Horizon event I think in 01. Except for the flip.

~AirAnn~

I believe the term hybrid is becoming obsolete.

More and more, freeflying is becoming what it's always been described as - flying your total body on every axis. The term hybrid means a cross between 2 different things, and in reality, whether you're on your belly or your head - you can still be freeflying.

And wouldn't it be great if the term freefly became obsolete? If there were no distiction between RW and VRW? What if we all just fly?

Anyway, it's beautiful to see what people come up with when they think beyond what's known.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

[QUOTE]I believe the term hybrid is becoming obsolete.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? People around here use the word hybrid for a type of jump involving belly fliers that accept docks (chest straps, etc) from sitflyers. I hear the term thrown around quite a bit.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

its a wish, an expression that everyone recognize that there is little difference between how you fly...

yes the word "hybrid" will be around a while, but perhaps as more and more people do them (and even change roles in the same dive) it will become more obvious its all just skydiving no matter what your attitude towards the earth..

Zen was on his belly for the last 'hybrid' he played in

What a constructive post from Vertifly! :D

There are freeflyers out there pushing the limits of their imagination that are including the belly-to-earth orientation in more (if not most) of the dives. My point was that the term freefly includes the belly-to-earth position.

We don't call a jump that includes sitflying and headdown flying a hybrid.

Within the next few generations of skydivers, there will eventually be no one who has gotten into the sport without knowing what freefly is - and maybe by then there won't be a distinction between belly and freefly (except maybe in competition categories).

I'm not saying I don't know what a hybrid dive is - I'm saying that the evolution of the discipline may make the term obsolete.

Anyway, props to those who have the vision.

ps. Thanks, Zen. :)

So difficult to bust chops on forums nowadays... B| Ouch.

I see your vision "bella", and hope for the best on that one. Somehow I just get the impression that the diversity of the different skydive disciplines (i.e. freefly, freestyle, crew, 4-way, big-way, etc) fuels the sport in more ways than hindering it.

At the same time, hybrids give us all that momentary connection. Vibes are brought together rather than segregated for a few jumps - just enough to get us to party together at night.

ps. once again, i apologize to freeflybella, the dropzone forum, and all of its serious members for posting a sarcastic message. in all seriousness, you have my upmost respect - david :)
yeah right :P

Hey, hey, hey there....dude!

>>So difficult to bust chops on forums nowadays...<<

Apparently so! ;)

I was responding to Andy2's question "What are you talking about?" And really all I was trying to do was show some love to the flyers out there (aria, alchemy, babylon) who have the vision to see things not just as they are but how they could be.

There was no 'serious', there was no B| or >:(...
only :) and a little :P.

(Next mood swing from Vertifly in 3...2...)

...1 ok, here goes the mood swing. (i'm such a boob sometimes; atleast I admit it though)

:P oh...the Crosskeys love is boundless.. :P

Here, take some of my :$, and put it in a :o, and mix it with a [:/], and then I'll be sure and feel so B|.

Hopefully things are :D.

You showing up at the DZ again soon (and jumping)? I have been practically staying there this season - weather permitting.