sunnydee123

Where's the place to be...

Look at Stacy chiming in on the freefly forum! She wants to be a freeflier, I just know it. We'll be able to convert her someday. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well I just love pie - although my hips don't care for it...hee hee Not sure I'll hit 100 this weekend thought - my pack job is still a bit slow but I am always game to jump my ass off as long as I have partners. Let's see - 100 minus 82 is 18. 18 jumps in one weekend?.....hmmm. Not sure about that one. Game plan for me due to weather might now be to hit Z-Hills Saturday night or Sunday morning and then jump, jump, jump until sunsetish on Monday. Long drive back to Sebass......Blue skies...Blue Skies....Blue Skies

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I am realizing how lucky I am, being originally from NJ and knowing how the weather can be so crazy up north. But you my friend are also very lucky...you have a Javelin....hee hee. How do you liek your Sabre2? I am liking mine but sure would love a Javelin container. Can't complain - I was given my rig, reserve and cypress "to borrow indefinitely" until I can afford something else......Come visit some time, we'll make jumps.

Hold hands on the exit hmmm? Okay I'm taking you headdown this weekend missy. :D Hurry up and get here so you can make me look bad.

I think I'm going ot hit the DZ today before the possible rain. Yep, I am! Zhills here I come. For all of you at work, have fun! hahahaha B|

-Kenny

Yeah, the Javelin is pretty sweet. I'll send you a picture of my "baby" to your email so you can see it. The Sabre2 is the best canopy I've flown so far. It's the perfect canopy for me. The openings are so soft and if you want to fly it hard, hang on. On a "no wind" day I'm surprised at how far I can swoop it with a straight in approach. I love that! I really want to go to the Keys boogie this year. Skydiving has been the best thing for me. In just over a year and a half I've met so many people and traveled with friends just to jump with them. I love it how you can meet someone, jump with them, and instantly have a connection. Also, if you ever come up North, visit me at Skydive New England. The vibes are great and the people are very welcoming. Take care cutie...

Head down?...gulp.......Think you can fly me cause not sure I could hold a headdown but hey...I'm game, as long as the air is clear around us. Bring it on................And if you get jumping too much before the weekend I'll miss your 100th (sniff sniff). Get video and maybe someone can snap pics on the ground of your getting creamed....yum!

Have fun...be safe!

Did someone call me cutie....???? :$

Send pics.....I LOVE PICS! I am a picture freak!!! Only pic I have of me and my rig SO FAR is onthe ground....packing or being a dork and walking around my house cause the weather wasn't jumpable....I'd be more than happy to share those with anyone interested.....hee hee.

Oh yeah...I forgot I am supposed to be working. Thanks for reminding me. Afterall, I do have to support this "habit" somehow. It is nasty rainy here...hope it is sunny in Z-Hills.

Any suggestions from anyone on a first headdown attempt besides giving myself lots of room? Not saying I am going there but just incase - bring a coach right?

Any suggestions from anyone on a first headdown attempt besides giving myself lots of room? Not saying I am going there but just incase - bring a coach right?

sunnydee

Please take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt as I'm no freefly rock star (more like a freefly groupie). But be careful out there when head down. It's so much easier to slide around the sky when you're on your head and not even know it. I think it's ok for you and SanDiegoRW to exit the aircraft in a flower (head down), but neither one of you should be planning on doing too much time staying head down during your jumps. And when you do venture head down, align yourself perpendicular to the flight line. What you need to do (I'm still in the same boat, but getting better) is jump with skilled freefliers who can fly stable and then you can use them as a reference as to how much or how little you may be sliding.

Anyway ... I'm jumping off of soap box now. Have fun jumping this weekend and I'm still sticking to my guns that you'll hit your 100th on either May 31st or June 1st. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Come to DeLand. Ask for Chris. I'd like to jump with you!

Hey, where's the love? You never said you'd jump with ME, Chris! :P
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks once again Canuck - any suggestion is appreciated. I'm not above learning, even from words and we all want to be safe. Never having been headdown, don't imagine I'll be holding it to long to worry about anyway....but I sure as hell will try!

Chris in Deland...how far are you from Zhills? Maybe I'll treat myself and visit 2 new DZ's this weekend with a "firm" offer like that. All I know is I want to jump lots and would prefer to do as many with at least 1 other person as possible.

I am getting so excited for this weekend, I am almost doing the happy dance even though it is raining here....

any suggestion is appreciated

Once again this is the groupie speaking, not the freefly rock star. :P

When head down you want to:

1) Relax - because that's just the way to do it.

2) Watch the horizon - if you look at the ground you will be sliding backwards and if you look at the sky you will be sliding forwards.

3) Spread your legs out - you want to fly your legs not your hands. Start will the basic frogger position (legs spread side by side) and once you get better you can experiment with your daffy (one leg bent forward flying your knee and the other leg bent backward flying your calf)

4) Try to get your torso vertical - this is probably the hardest thing to correct without video and even then it's not so easy.

Anyway ... once again jumping off of the soap box. You'll do fine. It's nothing that a few thousand jumps can't solve (and the same thing applies to me).

Take care and have fun. I'm sure I'll be jumping this weekend, but for some reason I feel jealous. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'll jump with you Sunnydee, I was just giving my friend Chris a hard time. He is a great freeflyer and you should take him up on his offer for sure! Deland is about 2 hours away from Z-hills. If I were you I'd schedule them on different weekends.

OK - I have met so many great people the last few weeks Z-Hills is going to keep me busy I think, so Chris....Hey Chris? You still out there? Remember MY name cuz I'm gonna track you down one weekend soon and don't want you looking at me like I have 3 heads when I say "OK, I'm ready for ya, let's go"..............Deal?! ;)