Austintxflight

I jumped with a corpse

Thanks!

Then I was certainly a rule breaker. I have well over 500 jumps now but seeing as I will never get a D license, I suppose I will always be a rule breaker. :(

They're not rules just guidelines;).

Nothing stopping you putting on your wingsuit, gopro and new velocity, the jump after your get your A license:). If you've got enough mad-skills you'll do it all on the same jump.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Actually you are not a rule breaker as it is not a BSR, but a recommendation, so technically you are a recommendation breaker. Everything in Section 5 of the SIM is a recommendation and as such doesn't the same weight as a requirement.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Thanks!

Then I was certainly a rule breaker. I have well over 500 jumps now but seeing as I will never get a D license, I suppose I will always be a rule breaker. :(

There's a difference between having a D-license and meeting the requirements for one.

I've done some "C-license" stuff with just an "A", but I meet most of the Req's for the B and C, so various people ok'd it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Thanks!

There's a difference between having a D-license and meeting the requirements for one.

I've done some "C-license" stuff with just an "A", but I meet most of the Req's for the B and C, so various people ok'd it.

Almost true. I've done multiple beach jumps with only an A license. But I was C qualified at the time. I will never be D qualified. (I won't rant as to why. That has been beaten to death here)

On a separate note, when I was downsizing both times below a 150, I followed Billvon's checklist and was in accordance with Brian Germain's chart. Funny how that goes against what the SIM recommends.

Hi all,

I am a noobe, I got my A license this summer and I am 50 jumps in.  I do a lot of "lurking and reading" on the forum as my way of tapping into the experience base of sky diving community.

I was wondering if some one could explain to me why canopies less than 150 square feet are considered as high performance regardless of wing loading.  I am an experienced pilot so I tend to think about things in aerodynamic terms. Obviously there is an additional dynamic for a RAM air wing that I don't understand.

I'd appreciate some insight on this.

Thanks, Paul

>To be honest, while we were jumping I was thinking, Sangi!

I think Sangi's learned a lot over the past few weeks. V-B might be a better example now.

oh-oh..

i'm scared now! :|

really, i am..

you remind me very much of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HDQ9H_OVWo

and you're even being mentioned, how awesome is that! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Hi all,

I am a noobe, I got my A license this summer and I am 50 jumps in.  I do a lot of "lurking and reading" on the forum as my way of tapping into the experience base of sky diving community.

I was wondering if some one could explain to me why canopies less than 150 square feet are considered as high performance regardless of wing loading.  I am an experienced pilot so I tend to think about things in aerodynamic terms. Obviously there is an additional dynamic for a RAM air wing that I don't understand.

I'd appreciate some insight on this.

Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul, I would highly recommend "The Canopy and it's Pilot" by Brian Germain. It will help you understand a lot about aerodynamics and RAM air canpies.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wanted to say, when I said, I thought Sangi, I meant no disrespect, just that, I am extremely new jumper and new to this forum, the sangi situation was pretty much going on right when I got here, I read all about it, and it did have an effect on me, as it should on all our new jumpers.

I do hope he recovers, and gets in the air soon, and from what people have said he is coming around, and he should know people have learned from his mistakes beyond just him.

I don't know enough to chastise anyone, so I'm not ripping on virgin-burner, also seems like a nice(funny) guy.

I'm just saying for me, it was tough jumping with this guy, and I probably will not again.

I ended up going to the tunnel and getting some coaching in there. (plus it was very windy so I had no desire to jump in those winds)

oh-oh..

really, i am..

you remind me very much of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HDQ9H_OVWo

Grow the fuck up. You are behaving like a total tool.

takes one to know one, baby!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

No, that one was in Florida, and at the moment my main DZ that I really like is Skydive New England. I'm up in the North East for school, but will be back in the Austin area in may, I will then be auditioning DZ down there there,

Although I will be back in Austin over the week for new years and will probably head to San Marcos to make a few jumps that week.

oh-oh..

really, i am..

Grow the fuck up. You are behaving like a total tool.

takes one to know one, baby!

bwahahaaaaaa - fucker: coffee's all over the screen & keyboard :D

eta: with some threads you know it's dz.com-kangaroocourt-time once more even before you start reading them. this ones a prime example of the hollier than thou attitude taking over this site. :|
I mean how cheap is that anyway: guy a decides to jump with guy b and afterwards you turn up at dizzie just for a cheap anonymus pissing contest and to have other chiming in - how pisspoor is that.

this site has definitly changed for worse in the last years.
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

A friend once told me 'If they are concerned for you they will talk to you, if they are concerned for their egos they will talk to each other instead. Either way, no ones talking about them'.

Did you speak to this guy about your concern for his safety? If not, why not? What is this thread about for you? Validation?

A friend once told me 'If they are concerned for you they will talk to you, if they are concerned for their egos they will talk to each other instead. Either way, no ones talking about them'.

Did you speak to this guy about your concern for his safety? If not, why not? What is this thread about for you? Validation?

As I said, I'm a new jumper, it was my first day at a new DZ, I really don't know what his instructors there have told him and what policies they have in place, I only know my DZ which tends to be very by the book.

My reason for the post was seeing if what I experienced is common and I just have a stick up my ass or if this as something that others would consider an issue. Looking back sure there are things I could have done differently, I was just seeing what the general community online thought of such a behavior.

my subject line was probably more bold than it should have been, but a good subject line tends to grab readers.

As I said, I'm a new jumper, it was my first day at a new DZ, I really don't know what his instructors there have told him and what policies they have in place, I only know my DZ which tends to be very by the book.

My reason for the post was seeing if what I experienced is common and I just have a stick up my ass or if this as something that others would consider an issue. Looking back sure there are things I could have done differently, I was just seeing what the general community online thought of such a behavior.

my subject line was probably more bold than it should have been, but a good subject line tends to grab readers.

Nothing wrong with your post. matt002 is out of line.

Ok well to answer your question, you do seem to have a stick up your ass.
My advice to you is to speak up when you see something that concerns you.
If you approach the person in the correct way, they will respect you for it and realise that you have their interests at heart. Talking about people behind their backs, especially on an internet skydiving forum will not earn you much respect with anyone.
Also, be happy with your own progression and don't get concerned by what other people are doing if it does not concern you or your safety.
A safety conscious attitude will increase your probability of an enjoyable injury free skydiving career, you will see people taking shortcuts, be happy in your choice not to do this, remember that this is your choice.

Nothing wrong with your post. matt002 is out of line.

Your right, there was nothing wrong with the post, just nothing constructive either. Unless calling some one a corpse and bitching about them behind their back is constructive but I cant see the value in that. Perhaps you can explain?

this site has definitly changed for worse in the last years.

now take a guess why my instructors, once i've mentioned dizzy.com, told me to never-ever take anything serious from here - 4 1/2yrs ago!!?

kangaroo-court; i like that one!
tough i think it's more like a micro-world of the mickey-mouse comics i used to love when i was a kid. guess, some still are, and some still like living there..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Your right, there was nothing wrong with the post, just nothing constructive either. Unless calling some one a corpse and bitching about them behind their back is constructive but I cant see the value in that. Perhaps you can explain?

It’s called conversation. He related an experience he had. It doesn’t have to be constructive.

Have you ever relayed a story about an experience you had with someone else? It’s funny you use the phrase “stick up your ass”. That’s what I thought about your post. Lighten up Francis.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, BUT if we accept the premise that us lower jump # skydivers "dont know what we dont know" (and I do agree with that to a large part), then shouldnt that be across the board? Meaning, when a low jump skydiver agrees with conventional wisdom they are congratulated, when in fact since they "dont know what they dont know" then they are simply parroting advice/wisdom without understanding what they are talking about.
This thread (to me) is a prime example of that - hopefully the OP realizes that no BSRs were violated, just recommendations.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...