sunnydee123

Learning to Sit Fly

Nah I'll be hitting 100 next weekend :o I'll be in Zhills for the next few weeks, that should be sweet. I was leary of jumping with mulitple people when I was first learning to sit too. Doing solos and 2 ways is the best in my opinion. Last weekend I did a 5 way with Mike Ortiz and some other talented guys from the dz. That was the shit! Yeah maybe I'll see you around sometime. ;)

-Kenny

I hear lots about Zhills....is that a nice drop zone? I sometimes forget living in Florida that we have quite a few drop zones I could visit right here in my own backyard. Let me ask something else, how important is it to have an actual freefly suit compared to just flying regular clothes? I bought a damn RW suit when I started this, wore my newsuit I think 4 times and then decided to freefly so it sits in a bag....Do you know how many jumps I could make with the cash back on that one....Ho-hum...Happy jumping all........Denise

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I haven't been to Zhills since last August and that was just to do two tandems. But I remember it being an awesome DZ and the people there were real laid back and friendly. I've heard nothing but good about the place. :)
I started sit flying in a pair of freefly pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. Most begginers I see wear a pair of jeans and a long sleeved thick material on top. It makes learning a bit easier. But once you have a stable sit I think it helps a lot to have a good jumpsuit with an even amount of drag all over. You may even want to consider a two piece f/f suit so you can change your top depending on what type of flying you are going to do and what the weather is like. Besides, those funny looking baggy jumpsuits are what identifies us as freaks so get one! My advice, keep the RW suit. I love freeflying but I am going to buy an RW suit when I have the cash. You just never know when you will need it.

Maybe you can drop by Zhills this weekend or next. It's around 2 hours away from Sebastian. I'll be there. Have fun!

-Kenny

I hear lots about Zhills....is that a nice drop zone? I sometimes forget living in Florida that we have quite a few drop zones I could visit right here in my own backyard.

Lucky girl (I mean that in a good way) ... go visit them all ... :P

Let me ask something else, how important is it to have an actual freefly suit compared to just flying regular clothes? I bought a damn RW suit when I started this, wore my newsuit I think 4 times and then decided to freefly so it sits in a bag....

When I first started to freefly I wore anything from my ski pants (which didn't work that well), to an RW suit without booties (I had trouble at first, but then got the hang of it), then using tight sweats. Now I use my baggy freefly pants (I'm fairly big so the extra material helps slow me down). Any person with decent freefly skills should be able to jump with any clothing. But you know what they say, "Dress for success". If you're freeflying most of the time, wear freeflying clothing. If you need to slow down, wear baggy clothing. If you need to speed up, wear tight clothing.

Do you know how many jumps I could make with the cash back on that one....Ho-hum...Happy jumping all........Denise

I'm with you on this one. My RW suit sits in a closet right now and was last used at Eloy over the holidays on the DZ.COM formation loads. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Alright ya big Canuck.....what's with the "not working" jab? Or am I once again being an over-sensitive girl.....

Thanks for the tips. Been jumping capri pants and big shirt and that works fine but I want to also look the part. I've still got being a girl on my side so fashion is not critical yet - no worries. I think I'm gonna start keeping tabs of everyone who give me little "tips" and offers to make jumps...be careful, I might track ya down. Always looking for a volunteer to jump.......:P

Alright ya big Canuck.....what's with the "not working" jab? Or am I once again being an over-sensitive girl.....

It's a quote from the movie "Office Space" and lately I've really been kind of acting like the main character Peter. ;)

Thanks for the tips. Been jumping capri pants and big shirt and that works fine but I want to also look the part. I've still got being a girl on my side so fashion is not critical yet - no worries. I think I'm gonna start keeping tabs of everyone who give me little "tips" and offers to make jumps...be careful, I might track ya down. Always looking for a volunteer to jump.......:P

Take whatever we tell you here DZ.COM with a grain of salt. I'm not that much more experienced than you are. ;) But if I ever run into you at a DZ, but be happy to jump with you. It sounds like your sit is coming along just fine and right on schedule. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

So Kenny...how long you gonna be around Zhills? This weekend I am HOPEFULLY utilizing my friend who started me on this freefly stuff (thank goodness) before he heads out for the summer....so not sure I could make it this weekend but we have a nice LONNNNGGGGG weekend next weekend...although traffic might be a bear. Any other travels plans this summer...thanks for all the info. See ya round, always up for new "freak" friends....

Figures....sorry for snapping - haven't had my protein shake yet this afternoon. I broke out the sewing machine last night and am going to ATTEMPT to make my own freefly suit. YIKES! At least it will be a one of a kind. You have a name "ya big Canuck"?

I will be in Zhills until May 28th I will need someone to fly with too

Cool, look for Chopchop and I to be there on Memorial Day weekend at some point, we'll jump with you. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was talking about making the road trip there either the 23rd or 24th....will ya jump with me too?

I just settled my plans with Chopchop. If you can make it there on the 25th-26th, we'll be able to jump with you. :)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh pooo...I'll see what I can do. Have plans on Sunday that put a bump in things but maybe I can drive over Sunday night and play all day Monday with my new found pals......Might make for a sleepy Tuesday at work but thinking it might be worth it. So does that work for you Kenny? Is anyone camping or living the high life of luxury in a nearby hotel? OOOoooo, my tummy is getting all excited thinking about jumping...D

Hahaa, yes, it's naked weekend, but only Chopchop gets to go on my jump! Sunnydee, it's to hot to camp, we're going to find other accomodations. Don't worry about being tired at work on Tuesday, you're a skydiver now, it's time to get used to it! :D

I was just getting ready to say that....now I know why everyone is heading there......not sure I am that brave just yet.....but hey - I don't know any of you guys.....hee hee. Now I might have to REALLY think about making it there......YIKES!

My brother is letting me use his apt. which is 15 minutes up the road. I might be able to work something out there for you if you would like. I know how expensive hotels can get on short notice around memorial day there. But no promises yet. ;) Let me know.

-Kenny

whose that offer goiing out to?

ooooohhhh, my mom always told me not to talk to strangers - not sure if that included not having sleep overs with strangers....hee hee...but if you can't trust your skydiving pals - who can ya trust?! That would be great actually, if it works out, cause I was already thinking I might just have to sweat my butt off to jump lots. Price ya pay - I can suck it up but hey - nice offer...keep me posted. Thanks!

The offer is to you. Skymama gets no love since I can't go on her naked jump. :P haha Just playin. So yeah, I can't promise you will have your own king size bed with a Jacuzzi and room service but it does have A/C and a short white man to make fun of. :|:ph34r:

-Kenny

Yeah well if skymama jumps naked she has to land naked......FREE SHOW.....kidding!

NO ROOM SERVICE? DAMN! Well can I at least request a room with a place to pee that doesn't require squatting behind bushes?;) I'll bring my tent and sleeping bag anyway, I'm good with an AC'd floor....

Welp - you know where to find me if it works out and I don't make fun of any short people...I'm one of them. Thanks again for the offer....Talk to ya soon....

Skymama gets no love since I can't go on her naked jump.

Oh, that's a fine way to treat your greenie...hmmm now where's that "ban" button? :P

Heres some of the best sitflying educational material I've found...http://www.zct.co.uk/skydivemag/pages/articles/aug00/headupflying.htm check out this article and the other two (2) articles that go with it. Very informative for your developing your freefly skills. http://www.zct.co.uk/skydivemag/pages/articles/oct00/headupflying2.htm
http://www.zct.co.uk/skydivemag/pages/articles/dec00/headup3.htm

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Thanks for those articles, they really are great! They answered a whole lot of my questions, and even gave me ideas I didn't have before. I am really interested in getting better at my sit/standing fly positions. I dabbled in sitting and standing to the point where I could get into it and remain stable fairly quickly, but turning and maneuvering were the things I was blank on. Now all I need to do is get back in the air! I may see some of you this weekend, at Z-Hills (If that was your plan to be there). My birthday present to myself is getting back in the sport.
John