sunnydee123

Learning to Sit Fly

Yes, those articles are good...except for one tiny 'whuffo' thing I spotted :P

"...make sure there is no-one above you before you go belly-to-earth or you run the risk of 'corking' (see later) and will go up and collide at a very high speed with anyone above you."

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Yes, but that's stating the obvious...no-one ever gains altitude in freefall, and 'whuffos' are often heard to remark whether it hurts when one is 'goes-up' when watching videos of canopy deployments.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Thanks Yoshi......might even start just trying to stand a bit so if my ass is to slow I can catch back up. So much I want to learn....and patience is not one of my better qualities. :D Hope I have a pic with my headdown pal to share soon. Had a great jump with an old pal just back from Iraq this weekend at Z-Hills....had lots actually but he had to work so hard to keep with me. RRRrrrr. Next time I jump with him I want to be able to keep up and surprise him.....My leg is bouncing getting all excited thinking about it.....Later gator ~ D

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

great! Although most of my 370 jumps are freefly I still have very much to lean. I have been practicing head down docking and trasitions lately. I am now able to do some solid dock (I have gotten 9 points head down! in one dive) but I still need to work on my flying so I can be a little more smooth with my movements and dock a little lighter. (sometimes I fight the air rather than flying it so I seem to stiffen up a bit which makes the movements a little more irratic (sp?) than they could be..
keep up the good work!
-yoshi

sometimes I fight the air rather than flying it so I seem to stiffen up a bit which makes the movements a little more irratic (sp?) than they could be.

I yell "RELAX STUPID" in my head a lot. It usually helps. :D Also making a concious decision to take a nice deep slow breath also does wonders.

I always take a nice long deep breath before I get up to stand at the door....and it helps but someone also told me I need to relaz. Check out my robot hands in the pic a few threads back......I've always flown like that - and I am just now trying to pay SPECIAL attention to that because tense hands lead to tnese shoulders, lead to not just right body position.....I'll get it and watch out when I do. You'll hear me hooting and hollering from there!

It is so funny to look back at this from not too long ago and look at where I am now....I was just in Cross Keys and made a handful of jumps with Team Bad Fish and although I know I still have work to do (don't we all), I was quite proud that for the most part I could hold my own, even with the "big boys"......Check me out on the Bad Fish website for all pics. GOOD STUFF!

What's a "bad fish" you ask? Let me just tell you...........In my book - they are some bad ass mo funky's ;)

http://www.badfishfreefly.com/gallery/flyingwithfriends_gallery_index.htm

HEY YOU...........I would love to since we never got to when you were here and I seem to recall you promised me one. I am looking forward to winter believe it or not - Sebastian has been rather "quiet" these days....but I got spoiled when I started back in February.

I've been traveling lots, jumping lots and having a blast. Hope all is well....so do we have any news on a "little one" yet? Do you ever talk to Bjorn? Do you remember Greg from Kentucky? Maybe we should PM....Until then - Take care and keep in touch!

Denise