Islandcool

Finally had a good sit.

Finally I had a good sit today. Well decent? or probably looked crappy but was cool for me! Ok so I've been working of this for about 7 jumps and the best I could do was hold it for about 10 seconds then I would start spinning. I've been talking to the freeflyers down at the DZ and they help me out one problem at a time. The last thing to work on was the arms. One of the guys suggested making sure my arms were swept back and I was "digging air" to help me get stable. Blew it the first time trying to get in position but at just under 11k I got it and I was stable...I was expecting to loose it but it just wasn't happening. It felt good. The funny part was it seemed like I was holding it for a while and I said to myself hmmm I wonder what my alt is...LOL Of course couldn't see my alti because my arms were swept back. Like an idiot I move my arm forward so I could see it and was sent tumbling. What a knuckle head. LOL I recovered quickly and I was just under just under 6k. I held it for almost 5k. That was cool. I did my first skydive on jan 11. I've done 32 jumps so far and I can't wait to do it again next week. Clouds came in and we were grounded for the rest of the day. What a great weekend. Life is good. Also special thanks to the gents that gave their time and experience to help a newbie.

Blue skies

Ed

One of the guys suggested making sure my arms were swept back and I was "digging air" to help me get stable.

NO!!!!!!! don't do it, I'm having to unlearn bad habits after almost 200 sits and it sucks....today I flew about like I did around jump#100. Learn to fly like that as long as you wanna make docking in a sit much harder then it needs to be

See this

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=335872;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

***NO!!!!!!! don't do it, I'm having to unlearn bad habits after almost 200 sits and it sucks....today I flew about like I did around jump#100. [\quote]

What does this say about me?? I was right there with you!!:P:ph34r:

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

What does this say about me?? I was right there with you!!

You were rockin!!!!....I watched the video again and your fall rate was so fast cause you had your arms way above your head. The bitch for me is when I don't think about it I slip into my old body position ie legs tucked in a bit flying with my arms straight. then somewhere during the dive I realize it and then I start thinking about body position instead of the dive..........More solos are needed

Like an idiot I move my arm forward so I could see it and was sent tumbling. What a knuckle head.

You should always be able to look at your altimeter at ANY time. What is more important your altitude or your sitfly? I used to be pretty much the same way, then I had a CYPRES fire on about jump 140...I was headown the whole way on a 3-way, the dive was going perfect, the last thing that I would want to do is check my altimeter...wrong...I dumped at 1500 and snivelled through my CYPRES.

What I ended up doing was getting a mudflap altimeter mount...they are perfect for freeflyers, I don't even have to move my head to look at it, just my eyes.

wedgesmall.jpg

I reread my post and I kinda came off wrong...sorry man

I was just trying to relay my own expieriences and suggest that people think about wheather a more convinient altimeter mount would be better for them

as an added bonus if you hook turn, it is right in your field of view during your setup to final

Hey Ed, I was out at Otay on Sunday maybe I saw you. Were you on the last load of the day? Anyway... I am a newbie myself, so I'm not going to try to give you too much advice. But, I did just go through what you are going through now with the stable sit thing. It took me about 10 jumps to get stable and another 10 to be able to sit without thinking about it. So you'll get there with time of course. I'll talk to you next time you're out there and maybe what helped me will help you as well. Just remember, it never hurts to get a coach jump from one of the good freeflyers out there and it will pay for itself. Have fun and be safe!

-Kenny

hey, i'll be down at otay on Friday or Saturday. if you guys wanna do a couple 3-way sits jumps.
Im not sure if you guys know Bee or Tim, but were thinking of heading out to perris on Friday if you guys wanna come.
I'm sure you guys know fernando, but he'll shoot video for you guys for a pretty good deal. Its always good to have video when your trying to learn new things.

PCSS # 1 Rookeskydiver
"Its a Wonka Bar"....."Go ahead Charlie open it, lets see that golden ticket"