losty

BaByLoN

Yes I did when I started out, and have since gotton to know some of the guys farily well, having jumped at boggies in Spain and Portugal with them.
Wolf taught me and although he is a very good FF he is not a good coach. Tom or Kuri are the guys you want. Although they do have have a large base there I don't know the other guys well enough to comment on them.
A friend of mine had coaching from the British contingent of Babylon( I forget his name now) but he was highly rated, but I thinkI read that he has since left there, but yuou could always check their website.
When are you planning to go out there?

"Has any one here had the chance of recieving
coaching from BaByLoN ? "

Yes

Very cool guys and the best flyers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Have jumped with most of them at one stage or another at boogies and of course Empuria.
Training starts with a briefing on the ground with a video debrief after the jump. Depending on how you are doing they might tell you to do a couple of jumps on your own to work on this or that. That way you get the most value out of the expensive coach jumps.

My humble opinion - worth every cent. (the training I mean:)
G

PS the brit who coaches there is Stuart Meacock - when he's not there he is usually at Sibson in the UK.

"Thou shall not take thine altitude for granted for the earth shall rise up and smite thee."

Hi everyone well i live in empuria and know the boys quite well.
Regarding the coaching with them it´s the best money i have ever spent and i try to get coaching when i can. they not only teach the freeflying but also a really good philosiphy about the sport. which i think is half of it, regarding the coaches all of them are very good and to be honest if you really want to label how good they are then somethings wrong, as long as the vibes are between the coach and the student then thats all you need. Also the coaching isn´t that expensive all your paying for is your jump ticket their jump ticket a bit extra ( not sure these days about 17 / 18 euros) but that gets you the briefing on the ground before hand the video the after jump briefing, and they are always there for advice there is free load organizing and they will point you in the right direction of who to jump with so as you can both learn a lot from each jump all in all a great bunch of freakssssssssss!!

have fun and if you ever get to empuria ask for allan and i´ll come fun jumping

ta ta for know Allan

price wise, its probably the cheapest--kept that way probably so that people will buy lots of coach tickets which is in itself much more productive than 2 coach dives, 10 practice dives, and still not getting it(whatever it is)
i've done a fair few with the guys and my opinion of them is still very high, though if you go to the US and get coached over there by someone good, it'll cost more, but in some senses you get alot more as well-more attention, some better coaching techniques etc..
there are some awesome flyers at babylon, but being an awesome flyer in itself doesn't make one a good coach, something to think about
another thing- Wolf is an awesome flyer but alot of people don't really know him, he's a really cool guy,but some people get put off by his 'chilled out, who cares' attitude.
Another case for , the student/coach relationship is vital.
Alaska Jon rocks, i just did lot of coaching with him at eloy and he is unreal, i can't believe how much ive learnt.

Hey guys chill out, Wolf is a good person!

I did lots of coaching all over and also with Babylon.But when I go to Spain I ask for Ippo Fabi, a great coach and a very nice person with the funniest accent.B|

But I jump most in the states now and the coaches there are the best for me.:)
That's something I miss in Ampuria,Spain.There's no loadorganising for freeflyers.A pitty if you ask me.
:(

BUt don't take me wrong Babylon is a great group of coaches and exelent flyers.And they have done great things for freeflyers in Europe we should not forget that.;)

Have fun flying
:)

That's something I miss in Ampuria,Spain.There's no loadorganising for freeflyers.A pitty if you ask me

Actually that's not true. The boys organise just about everyday of the year. The school opens at 10am, and they tend to coach all day before organising loads.

I have been coached by a few Americans and have had the chance to be taught by Colon Berry and Alaska Jon who were spot on, and major influences. However in my opinion the Babylon boys also rock. They are all different, so they should cater for all student / coach relationships. If you really want to learn to fly, these guys will teach you. Not just the vertical, but all angles in between flat and the vert. They have one of the strongest philosophies and really know their stuff. It is no coincidence that other great jumpers are starting to locate there such as Ippo, Lele, Alex Ramos. I might be biased toward them all but they really are that good. I will probably get in trouble for saying it, but when I first hit Spain, I had only jumped in the US and was thinking, who are these guys, never heard of them. But I quickly realised how good they were and definitely have learnt the most from them, and consequently have kept going back.
I also feel that one of their best attributes is catering for intermediates, as when you begin FF you need coaching, and when you are world class you can pretty much get on any load!!! But in between is the grey area, and the boys put you in contact with people who want to learn and are of similar level. It has to be one of the best learning environments.
People can give their opinions all day, but I would say check them out, and you won't be disappointed. Just email them and let them know you're coming.

And by the way, Wolf is an absolute legend!

either way it's all good.

its all different strokes for different folks.

you go in there with a chilled out way of doing things ur going to have fun and learn lots. regarding coaches go there and talk to them u'll see for yourself who would be good for you. I know u want to go there and get value for money and yeh sure you will but you'll learn a lot more than just the flying, there's a philosaphy the guys have which will help your flying to. try it out what's the worst thing that can happen ??

tromantana winds!

my 10 cents

cya moose man

but being an awesome flyer in itself doesn't make one a good coach,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Another case for , the student/coach relationship is vital.

Again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

-vital- More like imperative.

I can say whatever I want, nobody listens to me anyway. :S

(Rant edited out)

~AirAnn~

Price wise the cheapest? Don't think so .

Price per jump, if you take a one off, is about 65 euro/$

Then you are better off with Frik Atmonauti...the most sympathetic couple in the air, no attitude, one to one training ....and their credentials are at least that good (european freestyle champ 2002) -http://digilander.libero.it/frickmarco/ in italian only and maybe slightly cheaper.......you can find them at the hot french boogies in summer

Respect to Babylon but more and more people feel (at least at my DZ) they're in it for the money and don't do it with their heart - they feel that you are treated as a number

Have a story of a guy at our DZ got 15 (fifteen) lessons in sitflying (and he could already sitfly, he just wanted to perfect it).....he's doing about 3-400 jumps per year so not a newbie

Went there 3 times in 1 year, going for the 4th next week... Didn't see load organising on each load, but nearly every day, getting 10 ways head down together and stuff like that.
have to find my tickets (got 11 coached jumps left, but lost them...) Did a few FF jumps with FF (Fred Fugen), the young guy rocks...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

everyones discussed babylon more than once and this is my take.

compared to the US coaches, i find that on the whole the standing of 'coaching' is much higher in the states and the coaches take the business of coaching a bit more seriously. i also find that the standard of the flying of the coaches also significantly higher in the US, not doubt directly linked to lower jumo ticket prices and the higher per person GDP.
in europe i think there is a bit more imagination with the whole concept of freeflying. whereas some US flyers ive encountered see freeflying in a fairly black and white sense(headup/down, tracking) guys like the babylonians see it in shades of grey, the whole spectrum with all the subtleties.
you can attribute this to tastes or economics--- to get really got at 1 competition dive takes alot of cash, or you can just use you imagination and get ok at a totally unique dive or type of flying ie...atmonauti.

do what you like, ive got nothing but the highest respect for babylon and all of the US coaches ive jumped with(flyboyz, alaska jon).

have fun