Rookeskydiver

what would you say is the cheapest FreeFly friendly container?

Nothing wrong with a Voodoo, its just that they are obviously not as popular as other brands, dunno why.
I've only ever seen one that I really liked, and that was owned by Pippy, who occasionaly posts here.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

ahhhhhhhh........ a chance for me to open my mouth once more......:D;) I saw a friend of mine have a reserve ride on a voodoo once. It landed him in the hospital with a broken arm. The reserve risers were all different lengths causing the damn reserve to fly like sheeeeet! Nobody would ever catch me jumping a voodoo. What is funnier is that voodoo didn't want to acknowledge this to be the cause of his accident even though we had proof that he was coming straight in with a properly loaded reserve. (not over-loaded by man. reccomendations) His risers were all different by as much as 1.5 inches overall from the greatest difference being on opposite sides and front to rear. Meaning that the front right was 1.5" shorter than the left rear. The two fronts were 3/4" different from each other.

What would that do to flight performance?:D

Live today as tomorrow may not come

sorry Tonto.......you won't get a rise out of me.;) I just speak from what I have seen as well as learned from talking to world class skydivers. When I make refference to world class skydivers, I mean people with more jumps than you as well as trophies and records to prove it. People who make skydiving their life and not just a long life with skydiving in it.

I don't want to offend anyone and I have already admitted that my first posts in here were less than diplomatic and made my apologies for such.

Does it scare me to see people jumping gear that is unsafe...........yes. Will I jump with them.........no.

As a safe skydiver it pains me a great deal to hear people talking about jumping gear that allows risers to come down their arms and the only thing they do to correct it is to raise their arm so it doesn't go past their elbow. In my opinion, that kind of stuff is dangerous and irresponsible not only to themselves but to our sport as well.

I don't come on here to try to look "bigger or better" than anyone else by posting jump numbers or saying that I know more than anyone else. That would be like going to a bar and pulling out my "toy" and asking every man in there to do the same in hopes that I would be the largest just to get a girl to go home with me.

I skydive for my own personal reasons and offer sound advice, in my opinion, to those below me who don't know better. I base my opinion off of what I have seen and experienced. I might sometimes use corroborating evidence from other respectable sources as well, but mostly of my own experience.

I hope that I have made this a little clearer for you Tanto:)

Live today as tomorrow may not come

Money is not an issue in this sport. Your life and well being is.

Ill seccond that,the rest i dont agree.just becours the name of the rig is big,it dosnt mean they do the job..Big names has the mony to sponsor guys who jump alot...

However i jump a regular Javerlin(not sponsored;)),it does the job.I let my local rigger work on it once in a while to get it up to date..

Should i help you then would it bee... Buy the one you like and modifi it so its safe(if it aint).

EDIT:

Does it scare me to see people jumping gear that is unsafe...........yes. Will I jump with them.........no.

You got the rigth point there.Dont Skydive whith thouse you dont think have the apropiate safe gear,its not only the person that wear the gear that could get f##### up

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

If you are lucky to get a second hand one that suits, I'll go for that.
I have a second hand Voodoo 1 which hasn't been mod because it's not giving me problems. It's really comfortable. I have a Wings I want to sell when I get around to it (it's at a distant location) because it is not comfortable. It's hard and flat like I got a wooden plank on my back. [:/] Sandy's rig are so much better for me. I reckon you should just try them on, ask people your size if they let you just put it on before you decide. Some leg pads are not as comfty as others. :)