Rookeskydiver

what would you say is the cheapest FreeFly friendly container?

Remember, you do get what you pay for, up to a point. The new Dolphins can be freeflown, but do you really want a Dolphin. I have a Wings and can say nothing but really great things about them. I've personally had my container up to 264mph (TAS) and nothing came out/popped open or anything. The rig is rock-freak'n-solid.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

probably a wings...

but if you call discount dealers (who I won't mention here but advertise in the back of parachutist).

you can get a vector III micron for $1050 ish;) (I rank up there with mirage as far as safety)

ramon

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Hey, once I get where I can hold a headdown for more then a couple thousand feet, we'll talk...I'm sure Levin told you about my mad HD skillz...I bet I can break 300 once I can HD for a crap. B|

I need to come out there some time

Damn straight you do! Since the boogie won't be going on you can come play with our swoop strip (actually a Glider landing strip, but we use it for swooping since it is straight and very flat and marked every 100ft). That and we tend to have a lot of damn fun, party a lot and have a fun, tight group who loves to welcome new people...

I would advise you not to look at the price but spend the extra and get what you really want. If you really want an Odyssey then buy one rather than the cheaper container and forever be thinking "its nice but i wish it was an odyssey!" Also the re-sale value will be higher
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

You can freefly just about all of the latest containers. I think the VortexII is a good freefly container, I jump one. It also has a decent price and I think the the quality and comfort is far superior to th Dolphin. I bought a Dolphin new and had seams coming apart in less than 100 jumps. The Vortex has about 250 jumps and looks great.
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

i was just wondering what some of your thoughts were. I've been doing some reasearch online and two containers that look appealing to me would be a wings or vortex2 container

you may want to check out the infinity. it's ugly but structurally it's rock solid. the smaller rigs can be picked up by the main flap. but personally i still prefer the racer above all others.

levin
vSCS#3

Unfortunately they don't export to the states!But if you or a friend is travelling to europe you could pick up an Atom Legend made by Parachutes de france.***Said it before,say it again.Probably the best freefly container on the market.Nice price.Beware,hell of a waiting list.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

alright people........if you are going to inquire about what is a good free fly friendly rig I think that you should talk to people that actually jump year round. Talk to people that make between 500-2000+ free flies a year. You can listen to joe schmoe who might have 500 jumps over the last 2 years or you can talk to people that know about this stuff.
Personally, I would suggest a Mirage G3, G4, G4.1, Javelin or infinity. Reflex's are death traps waiting to happen and they are a Rigger's nightmare. Racer's are OLD technology. Some people swear by them, but how many new racers do you see out there compared to other manufacturers. Don't be afraid to call some of the LARGE Fla. DZ's and ask to speak to someone that is highly ff experienced. Money is not an issue in this sport. Your life and well being is. Hell if you are so worried about money, go buy a friggin dolphin and mame yourself or get killed, it is up to you!
Live today as tomorrow may not come

You can listen to joe schmoe who might have 500 jumps over the last 2 years

And judging by the jump numbers in your profile, you are just another joe schmoe giving his personal suggestions.

Drop the pompous attitude pal, you're not impressing anybody.

Will

A lot of the people that are making more then 500 jumps a year are sponsered in some way and will only endourse the rig that they got for free or paid for tunnel time for them. Compainies like RWS and Jumpshack don't give out free containers or sponsor teams like some of the other companies do. Containers in FL are based a lot on what DZ you call, Zhills will be a lot of Javelins, Deland is a lot of Vectors and Racers, on the west cost Reflexes are way popular in the northwest Infinities are hot.

>Reflex's are death traps waiting to happen and they are a Rigger's nightmare.

They are not the easiest thing to pack, but they are a perfectly functional rig that has every mod on it that a Javelin does to make it Freefly Friendly. Why are they death traps?

>you can talk to people that know about this stuff.

Anyone thats sponsored usually has different opinions since they have different priorities. Ask the person thats out spending their own money on this and working on it daily or weekly.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Compainies like RWS and Jumpshack don't give out free containers or sponsor teams like some of the other companies do.

Don't know about Jump Shack, but I do know that RWS does "give out free containers."

If money is an issue, look at the Infinity and the Wings. Both are very well made by people who also do a great job of taking care of their customers.

Infinity's ugly? Humph. Well, I think the Mirage is butt ugly; those stripes are just all wrong. ;)