lauril

Fun 2-Way exits ?

Depending on jump craft: Otter - backs out the door, hold on to each others arm and exit in a sit. Otter - Face each other, shoulder to exit holding each others shoulder straps. Go into a 2 way head down. Otter - both with backs to exit, hook your left and their right leg together and exit. Fly on your backs and go into horny gorilla, then each extend your right arm and go into a spin. Enjoy, be safe and have fun!!!

If its a larger door aircraft(read: not a 182) or a tailgate, then you can do a half-eagle type exit. Person facing the tail squatting down, person standing behind him, both facing the tail. Low man gives count and squats out into a sit, the standing guy pushes up and off, floating over into a head down. You can nail a spock or a mindwarp on the hill if you do it right, AND it looks cool on video, and that's what really matters, right? :P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I like foot exits and they look SWEET on outside video. On an Otter, have one person almost lay down in the door hanging from the inside floater bar. (If you have one) Give the person inside and towards the rear of the door a foot. Go out and put your heads into the wind. If you are smooth with it you can stay rock stable and then go to other stuff once you are off the hill.

What type jump craft are you using?

We're jumping out of a cessna 206 (yeah, I know it's small, but like they say, size doesn't matter.. ..?):P;) All that matters is that it can get up...huh? What am I talking about...skydiving..right? ;)

Me and my friend are doing some 2-way sit flyes (still learning). he does not know how to do a sit exit well. i told him all the stuff i heard from more experienced freeflyers, but he is still tumbling at the exit, and we lost aprox. 15-20 seconds to get close (despite i am trying to get to him the second i am out of the plane), and that is a lot when jumping from 9000 feet (3000m).

Any ideas which exit would be the best for learning exits while holding each other, so we would not loose so much time on exits?
"George just lucky i guess!"

Exit side by side (if on a step like on a 182) or in a train (in an otter or such) facing the tail of the aircraft. Exit and go straight into a sit postion, don't fight it, you won't be feet/butt to earth, you'll be riding the relative wind like a slide for a couple seconds then BAM you'll be in a "normal" sit. Exit at the same time or very close to the same time.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Tubes are fun and easy. Lie in the door with your legs outside the plane and your butt on the edge. Other guy faces the door with legs astride your chest and takes a firm grip on each of your legs (grips or a chunk of material). You take a similar grip on your partners legs (doesn't matter where but if you both grip at about the same place it helps). Guy standing up rolls out of the door pulling you out as well. Hold on for a while as the speed builds up and then both drop a left (or right) grip and you will spin like crazy, let go with the other hand and you will be thrown well clear of each other.
This is a fun jump and has no other merit except that it is a fun and can be done with more than 2 people. Enjoy!

More variants on the toob things.......

Use ankle grips, one person breaks grips, and the toob transforms to a cat...ask an RW person ...then:-
a) track the cat till you get a decent speed up, the front person does a front loop and whoever is on the end gets catapulted across the sky, wheee.
b)front person balls up and brings his hands to his shoulders top people go big...instant totem, yeehaw.

If you get the chance to play with tailgates, get many like minded souls together and throw out a 'big toob' basically two or more toobs linked together....a favourite of Scoty Carbone.

Safety...wear hard helmets, watch for PCs popping out, door frames etc can catch the unwary remember you are being pulled out by your compadres.
Don't forget to smile, and make sure your friends are smiling tooB|.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Dangle dive..about half a mile from exit slide your mate outthe door and just hold his feet, hang him down and dangle him (dont tie his laces together or remove his shoes whilst inthe situation) did i say that !!Then when overthe spot just dive out still holding his ankles. Just make sure all handles and BOC are secure and be ready to release atthe hint of a pilot chute. Done it many times and landed with no shoes..and feet tied together.did i say that again !! By the way, perfect for a 206

On the tube jumps I've done (from an Otter and Skyvan), no one needed to dangle outside of the door, we were just IN the door. They are great fun, especially out of a Skyvan.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon