NathanL100

What Did You Learn This Weekend?

I thought I would start a freefly forum thingy about what people have learned over the weekend. I've always found it very helpful to find out how others have accomplished something that I'm struggling with. I.E. movement in a sit, taking docks, head down, etc... and then apply it to my problem or problems as it may be.

So, what did you learn this weekend? Good things or bad things.

Me, nothing skydiving related:(, but I can tell you all about limits of a function[:/].
Base # 942
The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself.

1st lesson: I was reminded during a ball jump that getting too relaxed will cause you to change fall rate and that you have to stay totally focused on fall rate (if your big like me) to tap the ball back and forth with out sinking or floating.
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

I learned that you don't try to follow the flight pattern of people flying highly loaded canopies on a windy day... lest you wind up in someone's back yard like I did. :P

I also learned not to let Levin get behind you. :o

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I learned that when people are getting ready to exit a mr bill out of a cessna...with the weather like it was dont hang on the strut to video..its way too cold:)

also that you can practice some fun exits even if cloud cover is at 6k...may as well learn something even if you cant get a full dive.
-yoshi

I learned that if ya go sitflying in a camera suit and somebody whacks into ya, then the weakest part of the wing is the Fastex clip. BOOM! Gone just like that in a flash.

I also learned that it's almost impossible to sit with only one wing attached. Kept spinng me like a MF.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I also learned that it's almost impossible to sit with only one wing attached. Kept spinng me like a MF.

Umm... Aren't Quark's supposed to spin? Thought it came with the whole top, charmed, strange & bottom type of Quark thing.;)

I learned that I can pull a 180 from a sit to a head-down. The bad part is that I was trying for a 360. Darn, more jumps needed I guess.:D

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I also learned that it's almost impossible to sit with only one wing attached

Hi Paul! Not to be rude, but LMAO at the visual!

Last weekend I learned that if I think I should be at the DZ, then I will be! Even if it is a 5 hr round trip.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

I learned that my natural trndency to ball up a bit is killing any docking I'm trying to do in a sit. It slows me down a bit and I go a little high. I need to push with my legs to stay stable not ball up and I don't mean ball I mean contracting in my sit instead of extending my legs

Yeah, next time you might actually get close enough to dock on me. unlike Jim who's just a floaty big bitch!

Don't lie I had your foot and then went high.....but explain how Jim ended up so far away from us when we left in a train and you floated the exit....must be a WTC thing:P
saltine or ritz it's still the same

I learned that if I bump my camera helmet too hard in the plane it shuts off the camera and I miss the whole tandem dive. (SUCK!) and that dialing up my alti to get the quick shot of all altitudes for a tandem video can make the alti off more...
ahh well theres always next week:) had fun none the less.
-yoshi

This weekend I learned how to respect a canopy more than I used to. The smaller you go the more alert you have to be. At the same time relaxation is as important because freaking out could be as dangerous.
Experience I did a kinda low turn were all I remember is come on baby work with me. you can do it!! and the corner is freaking scary.
Cielos Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito