Blas

Top 5 freefly suits

I have prefer (and have 3) suits from Tad's Sportsware. They have the best quality construction.
The money is right for these suits, even with all the custom trappings you can think of!

http://www.tads.com.au/
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

Truely, its more of a fasion statement then anything, since I could name you a handful of companies whose quality is basically about the same. The top name at this point seems to be Firefly, they're the most expensive too. DeKine is another popular choice, they're pretty expensive too. Personally, I love my Freedom Means Choice suit, its a great suit thats fairly inexpensive. The reason its cheaper is because it comes from a very small shop (read: Karen and her guy are the only employees) and they don't want to charge an arm and a leg.

You pretty much can't go wrong with those three, it just depends on how much money you want to spend and if you want to be wearing designer threads. :)
I'm sure there'll be someone who'll disagree with me since in the end its mainly a choice that depends more on what the person likes and less on a drastic difference between the suits. :D:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've got 2 suits now from different places, both are great and I love both, but with time I'm noticing which one will be around in 4 seasons and which will not. The seams on one are slightly wavy and where the stitching gets next to the edge it will blow out faster then a good seam. One of the jumpers at my home DZ had her jump suit arm blow up on a jet pass with about 500 jumps on the suit. Construction is very critical on freefly jumpsuits due to the speeds that the suits will be going.

Also look of the little details on a suit. One of my suits has double layer velcro cuffs on the legs that never need to be worried about and the other suit has a single layer that I'll eventually need to change to keep it sticky. The snap at the top of the jumpsuit zipper is a nice thing to that a few places don't do.

Speaking of which, my new Firefly is kickin and my old Merlin lasted through jumps 25-250 with no major damage and those were the learning how to land phase.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

just wanna know if someone can help me, which are the best freefly suits cos i wanna buy one and dont know to much abut them.
thanks

firefly is my favorite and seems to be the most popular right now. mine has 400+ jumps on it and has been washed about 30+ times. although it has faded a bit i think i'll get another 400 to 500 jumps out of it. it's mostly double layered and has three layers of fabric in some areas. plus shelly has these suits dialed in. if you are unsure about the length and cut that you need she can tell you what's best for you. you won't need to ask a million skydivers their opinions. if the prices haven't changed i believe you can get a basic 3 color suit for $250. or if you want something totally custom then you can draw and color it on paper and they will build it. their customer service is great. http://www.fireflysuits.com

levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

i got a really great suit from freak n' fly suits. they are made by downwind in the loft at lake wales. she did a really great job and i had my suit in a week or a little over. the price was really decent too. i got my flames and everything put on, express shipped to me and it costs me 210. did a really great job designing it for me too because i'm a big boy and fall fast. heavy cotton in teh legs and arms slowed me down so i can now fly with my buddies, also made head downs sooooo much easier.
blue ones
flash
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Add one more for FireFly. I have about 100 jumps on my and love it. I am still getting coments on how good the suit looks 8 months after getting it. The one thing FireFly offers that I do not believe any(or atleast veryfew) is a two piece free fly suit. Which gives you a wider range of choices meaning you can use just the pants or the entire thing. This also allows you to replace the pants if you wear them out for half the cost.
Kirk:)

As does Merlin.... if you ask about it. I'm jumping a 2 piece freefly camera suit and can sitfly with belly flyers or go HD with anyone that I can stay stable with.

No matter who you go with... I HIGHLY recommend a 2 piece suit. It is so nice to land, take off a jacket and then decide if I only want to wear the pants again or put just the jacket back on. I also recommend getting double layer or reenforced knees and rear on the suit too. Packing will not wear on the suit this way. Also a bad landing has a lower chance of ripping it. Other things I'd look for are an adjustable waist, more then just elastic. A webbing belt or drawsting allows you to toss layers on and still be comfortible. Zipper snaps are good also. Having the wrist measured with the altimeter on is a good start on having a properly fitting suit too.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I love my Firefly. Bombproof construction, cool fashion statements and Sherry will work with you to get you exactly what you want and need.

That said, there are more than 4 other manufacturers that I'd recommend. Pretty much everybody makes a suit that will do what you need it to and look good too.