ojf1982

Freefly schools

:)

alot more precise?!?! whatever, have you not seen alchemy video? AZ Freeflight? thats not 'precise'? so far its all very much opinion based, as is 'ascetic'.

I'd be interested in some actual side by side comparison of the difference in styles of flight as opposed to "well i think this one looks cooler"

gee, someone here is over sensitive...

actually my intended meaning was that if you have a look at for example the worlds last year in emuria, the babylon team was seamlessly perfect in proximity and in thier transitions(the fact that they counted each round independantly, a in effect only counted half of the rounds, interesting way of scoring)... in the US, flying tends to be a bit more dynamic(more transitions, movement, more overall stuff), whereas in europe i have noticed they tend to do a little less in each dive, but it tends to be noticably better(smooter, closer, no massive gaps after each eagle/ trans.)

yes, there is an ascetic ideal that some guys seem to value

overall a couple of facts are not in dispute

1. The best flyers in the world are either american, live in america. reasoning-higher per person GDP, cheaper jumps, better weather

2. Though they do not place as consitently high as the US, many european teams are both highly skilled and incredibly innovative. --- team frick doing freestyle compulsaries in atmonauti!!!!

3. Americans are not savages, as a canadian living in the UK, i probably have more in common with you yanks than europeans

4. Starbucks coffee is by far the best

Ive been coached in europe by babylon and frick
And in the US by Alaska Jon and the Fly Boyz
I overall think the standard of coaching and flying in the US is higher, but babylon and frick are awesome coaches with a real insight into what this sport is all about, real innovators, awesome guys

alot more precise, none of this pizza delivery boy arm positioning, very astetic, with a freestyle influence

This is what I think people were responding to. Usually we don't see pizza boy arms after a hundred or so HD jumps. Everyone has a different style, not just US vs European. Look at AZ Flight Force's compulsory round at last year's nationals. Almost as flawless and smooth as it gets. Look at AZ Freeflight's rounds, if that isn't smooth and freestyle oriented I don't know what is. As far as aesthetics go, that's purely subjective. There are good teams innovating many different things, and I think they're all badass for that.
Oh, hello again!

Whether he *invented* the word Freefly or not is a matter of factual debate. I have read his statements to that effect, and numerous conflicting statements.

Trademarking "G3" would be easy, and would make sense. I see no grounds whatsoever for a "freefly" trademark in skydiving. Even if one ever existed, it certainly has been diluted at this point as to be considered legally abandoned.

Freefly belongs to everyone.

That all being said, I shouldnt have called Olav "zipperhead." That was a little out of line. For all I know, he could be a cool guy. Except for this freefly trademark stuff. My apologies.
Goddamn Dipshit Rodriguez Gypsy Dildo Punks!