ojf1982

Freefly schools

Good points Paul.
"Gossip, jealousy and backstabbing run rampant throughout the entirety of this sport."
Sad but true brother, sad but true.
With my itinerant lifestyle, I am aware petty politics and back biting like this are prevalent across the world.....I try and distance myself from this unfortunate aspect of human nature, life's too short to pay attention to rumour, and gossip.
I still admire Olav for mastering the art of 3 dimensional flying, I do realise he didn't 'invent' it, I prefer the term, 'developed'.
Pat Works is up there on my 'most admired list' along with (in no particular order),
Jerry Bird
BJ Worth
Bill Booth
Kate Cooper
Helmut Clothe
Norman Kent
Mads Larsen and Nills Brusgaard
George Pilkington
Adrian Nichols
Joe Kittinger
Patrick De Gayardon
Patrick Passe
To name but a few.....I admire them for their achievements and contributions to development within our game, along with other factors...I have met some of these people, would love to meet more.
That said, I also like the saying 'Its not just cream that floats on top" :)I like the idea of the AD test, but the jury is still out on its administration and 'franchising'.
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

I have been told that we alike. heehee
Well maybe one of these days I'll be good enough to get my D-license.
AD-D that is.
The USPA licensing system is a joke. D-license holder is referred to as a "Master Skydiver", whatever!!!
I'm coming up on 3400 and I don't know jack. But I'm learning.
Of course at 200 jumps, holding my freshly printed D-license, I knew everything about skydiving.
That's almost like women, dated a few in high school and thought I knew everything I need to know. Now at the end of a 7 year marriage I have come to find out I really don't know them at all.
Isn't life grand.
Spread the love...
Bryan

All the stuff I've learned in the last 6 months or so, I'm going to pass on to my friends back in Scotland when I return there for good next week, thereby spreading the love...across the pond..on the other side of the Atlantic......If you see what I mean.
This way I further the cause of the Freefly Revolution..I spread the love;)
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

tight black turtlenecks. techno music.:D

Just kidding, I too am interested what is the European freefly style compared to the North american one (ref: freefly circus and flyboyz) who have been to Europe for the big boogies.

thanks

ramon
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

touch my monkey.

Olav's ( a european;)) videos tend to have a lot of good techno, infact the last freefly video I made in premier was guilty as charged :D.
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

:)Babylon invented tubes and really have pushed the 3D aspect of freeflying-integrating tracking fully
Frick-Marco and Gigiola invented atmonauti, a beautiful form, like a steep track but everyone in on thier back and the rabbit on thier front, all of u yanks call it flock or whatever.
Dont get me wrong. i did some coaching with the fly boys last christmas and eli was an incredible coach, he really focused on the mental aspects of flying moreso than anyone else
but me being totally unbiased, i really feel that guys like Stephan Farule, Marco + G, Nicolas Arnuad, Tom and Kuri are superior to Olavs bunch and most US flyers, I do think that the Fly Boyzs win out in overall 3D interaction though. Olav is a funny one, like how he told the judges last year in japan how they should be judging him, he did the same jump he does everytime and wins, if he did a FS jump he would probably win because of his name, but babylon was way beyond everyone else, very advanced, pushing the boundaries. The judges aren't pros, but the competitors are, maybe some reform needed there, like in the UK Donna Crum who passed her AFF last summer, never freeflied ever, got her freestyle and freefly FAI judging certifigate this year, whats with that? How can u judge something if u can't relate to the matierial. Saying that, the state of skydiving in the Uk is pretty abysmal. Andy Ford is a mega bloke though.
Later

Olav Zipser very well might be the best freeflyer in the world. I dont know, I've never seen him in person, nor have I ever seen him on video.

The likelihood that he is the best freeflyer in the world is far greater than the likelihood that his claim to a trademark in the word freefly will ever be sustained.

Olav Zipperhead's attempt to claim a trademark in the word freefly is bogus. The term is one of generic and common use. It would be like Mirage trying to trademark the word "container" (as referring to skydiving), or "rig."

Now if he wanted to trademark Zipser, Zipser Freefly, I'majackassfreefly dumbass-freefly, or zipperhead, he could do so.

Zipperhead is already trademarked, but not in conjunction with skydiving, therefore if zipperhead wanted to trademark that for the specific purpose of identifying a skydiving related service or product, he could do so. However, "freefly" is no more his property than "canopy" is PD's property.

It doesnt appear that anyone respects this idiot's bogus trademark claim. Nevertheless, I discourage anyone from doing so, and encourage everyone to use it in any way they wish.

If you're in Massachusetts or Florida, and zipperhead tries to sue you for trademark infringement, I'll defend you for free.
Goddamn Dipshit Rodriguez Gypsy Dildo Punks!

Tom and Kuri came to Empuria way back when I worked the Packmat ( in between Tandems and Vids ..hard days then..)Tom had 80 jumps and Kuri had 150.

They win my respect because they are great people who have worked so hard to perfect there Flying.They have worked hard too promote safety and fun and are a perfect example of the right attitude to the sport.
Above all else ,outside skydiving ability they are just 2 cool guys...

Olav Zipperhead's attempt to claim a trademark in the word freefly is bogus. The term is one of generic and common use. It would be like Mirage trying to trademark the word "container" (as referring to skydiving), or "rig."

Actually, It would be more like Mirage trying to trademark "G3".

'Freefly' is indeed a widely-used term... but it was invented by Olav.. take it or leave it.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!