skygeek

SPEEEED!!!

Hey guys,
Dont know if this is the right place for it but here it goes...
Ok can or will anyone tell me any tips or tricks to go faster? I've been using a semi-relaxed hd with all limbs pulled in. And so far my max is 262 my goal is to break 300 by the end of this year. Is this possible? Does the suit you wear make a big diff? help........plz......
IItywimwybmab?

Does the suit you wear make a big diff? help........plz......

if you really want to go fast you should only wear the least amount of clothing possible that you feel comfortable jumping in. even a tight jumpsuit will slow you down.

if you really want to go fast you should only wear the least amount of clothing possible

Nakid? yeah right Levin...... right after you....
For some people.. there will be little or no wind resistance when nakid. (by the way they act ... every thing must be itty bitty) :$
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
New sponsors for 2002!
(temp page for now)

i've done around 55 speed dives so far. The best for today is 290 max and i'm getting
pretty consistent - i clocked 284 2 jumps in a row last saturday . i think the huge
difference is your body position. Faster suits will make the difference but not as
much as simple balance will do.
They say your head should be in netrual position, eyes on the horizon. If you look down,
you will arch and lose your speed.
I found out that I'm most stable when I look down. I know about parasitic arch ,
so I keep it in my mind and think about "not arching". So far it works well. I plan
on breaking 300 this month or next. I jump regular RW suit and I just took off
my grippers last weekend. I also find RW suit with booties to be faster then the
one w/o booties.
Here is a picture from last speed meet in FL. It's not me, but it shows the body
position I use, but legs closer together.
Hope it helps.
Stan.

there is always risk involved. the idea is to lower it, but it's always gonna be there. good thing i don't have to worry about freefall collisions or collisions under the canopy. and no traffic when i land. sometimes on windy days i land and see the next group opening :)
stan.

How rigid would you say that your body is? I've tried staying loose but I tend to buffet a little is this normal? also do you try to control your heading or just go with the flow?
..all you touch and all you see,
is all your life will ever be.....
Pink Floyd

pretty rigid. i tried "loose" style, it didn't work very well. i try to be as straight as possible, pointing my toes and thinking fast :)
as for the buffeting, it happens. sometimes everything goes very smooth and enter speed measurement zone at 270. but as it happend before in 3 seconds i lose it :) when i manage to keep it balanced longer, my speed should be very high.
i compared my acceleration curve with curve of one of the best and mine appears to be steeper. so i have a potential :) don't have balance on high speed yet though :)
as for the heading, when i'm in balance, i go pretty much vertical. when i'm not , i'm all over the sky :) next weekend a friend of mine is gonna bring a tripod and i'm gonna get directional gun-microphone. he's gonna film me from the ground. hope it will work out well. i wanna listen to the sound of speed dive. people say it sounds like a jet.
stan.

tight jumpsuits vs. good balance ...
the reduction of drug is very important but what's more important is balance.
i jump pretty tight RW jumpsuit with booties and w/o arm grippers. it's more
bulky the kinky red latex suits, but my acceleration curve is actually steeper
then curve of those who are the best. my problem is that i can't hold my balance
long enough.
in attachment is my typical jump. good acceleration, i enter the speed measurement
zone at 283 and at 8050 ft i lose my balance. that sucks :) i'd break 300 mph barrier
at that jump if i held it a little longer :)
so i don't see any reason for me to go tighter suit at least at this point of time -
my acceleration is good and drag doesn't hold me.
stan.

I did a few speed jumps in a shorty wetsuit as you can see in this picture
I'm sure that because it was tight it reduced drag and was generally slicker than an RW suit, it was certainly less stable, but it had a tendency to inflate slightly and at high speeds, the material wasn't tight enough and it would oscillate very rapidly, warm up a great deal, and sometimes whip my skin. Very bizarre! And I'm sure you are all getting excited at the prospect! My J&F gimp suit is very tight(!) and doesn't exhibit this feature. So, if you are going to use a wet-suit I'd recommend a very tight one!

talking about whipping and warming up ...
last weekend it finally got warmer in New England and i was wearing sleeveless t-shirt under my jumpsuit. my jumpsuit's
sleeves are a little loose and when i was doing another run they spanked me so much that the only one thing i could
think about was when that damn pro track is gonna beep !!?? :) i was just hoping that i was going really fast and
it was worht it.
later on the ground i found out that i wasn't going too fast (267
mph) and that my arms were all nicely colored in different
shades of blue and red :)
stan.
--
Go fast ! Then go even faster ...