freeflydave

learning to freefly

Dude, it totally depends on the individual. There are some people who are naturals, and there are those who flail helplessly. First off, I think that most people try too much, too early. Just go out and have fun. When a jumper is comfortable in the air then they can get some advice from another jumper and do a bunch of solos and two ways. Then coaching can be a real plus. Also, do not be afraid to do solos. I believe that people will not make much progress towards becoming a competant freeflyer doing twoways with another person who cannot fall down the column. Chasing someone around is not much fun.
michael hunt (yes, that is my real name...and i've heard them all)

Is this the same Dave Brown from SDC last summer? If so... how you guys were teaching it was right on. I was enjoying watching you take out a newbie and get them going in no time. And the video debriefs looked really good too.
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend... ~3EB

Ya that's me, I was just curious what the people on this forum think is efficient training for newer jumpers, trying to better understand the community and to see what was a general thought of everyone was, see ya in the air again hopefully, summerfest will be sweet yet again this year,
later
dave