FreeflyGoat

What is your favorite freefly container and why?

What is your favorite freefly container system out there and why do you like it?
With all the new designs out there i'd like to see everybody's opinion.
I'll start out saying that I would not trade my Mirage for anything. From the superior hardware to the most advanced freefly safe bridle, pin, riser coverage. It has a comfortable fit that rivals the most comfortable rigs out there and looks sleeker than the others.
Of course this is only my opinion so I'd like to hear yours.
Goat aka Dereck aka SuperFreak
AD A#292

I'm saying Wings.... Same pin protection as a Mirage, same great quality all for a fraction of the price. Plus the split freebag is a riggers dream (or nightmare) to pack.
Now all I have to do is afford another rig to get a Wings......
Political Correctness-At least one person at any one time will be offended by something

Now I would say the mirage if price were not a factor...but it is....so next I would probably say a voodoo...but problem with those is they dont make em for a fat ass like me(I like a REAL reserve over my head)...so that leads me to a wings....but to me they are ugly....so I am back to my rig....well my old one...a brand new javelin....full rings...very comfy...never had problems like some say that there main pin protection came out in a sit...risers covers were dead on..and the price was right.....welll now I have an odysey due here any day now....and hopefully I will be happy with that as my last jav.......that is my peace....
marc
"...a mind stretched with new idea's will never regain its shape"

I like the voodoo. Great bridle, pin, and riser coverage and well as just plan comfy. Has a nice balance as well.
The Mirage was on my list when I was checking out containers. I like the way the balance of the voodoo is higher on your back tho.
foos

You get what you pay for. The harware Mirage uses is all premium sh*t. They pay 10dollars when competitors pay 2cents for hardhousing endings. They pay triple for the extra thick padding you get compared to the rest. Yes you end up paying more but it kicks the crap out of the others.

AD A#292

I like my Mirage G-3 and my Jav. But my favorite is my Reflex.
I really think jumpers need to check out the new Reflex from Bomber. Buying a rig is an expensive thing and the "newness" wears off really quick if there are problems. I must confess that Bomber has offered me SUPERIOR service
compared to everyone else. My next rig is another Reflex from Bomber.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

The micron is a fantastic rig. It's deeper than wider and looks great - especially if you have a larger back as it looks tiny. The inclined bracing makes me feel very secure.
IMHO when you get to the top end of the containers, i.e. the Vector, Mirage & Javelin they are all pretty much the same. Fancy bits like "Oetiker Clamps" will not make a difference to day to day flying! If you're a heavy chap though and jump 210+ canopies, then the Javalin lateral things are great.
The most important safety components (imo & don flame retardent jumpsuit) are NO RSL, Cypres, leg strap connectors, flush hacky, aerodynamic pin protectors, cushion pads and a correctly fitting main/reserve. Anyone wanna add to that list of essentials? Just don't even bother mentioning the cypres though, I'm bored of that one now!
I spend most of my time in Deland, so Mirage and Vector's are the main choices (although Jimmy Tranter jumps a Racer I believe). Although I prefer the look of a Mirage, I jump Vector simply down to thier customer service and *much* larger development facility. I don't believe Mirage have a need to be so expensive compared to the Vector.
Hth,
n9

I've done my research on the major rigs available today, Vector, Odyssey, Voodoo, Mirage, and Wings. All are excellent containers, but I finally decided on the Vector and Mirage. Once there I contacted both and felt that Relative Workshop, makers of the Vector was a better company. Don't be fooled by the Mirage web site (far superior to RWS), but RWS just has the best service!
As for quality, I'm very pleased and all the Vector 3's are now called the m-series, so they are all tight like the V3 Micron! Very nice!

Personally I love my Infiinity. Flap security is bombproof, harness and container comfort excellent, quality of materials and workmanship excellent, customer service from the manufacturer excellent, delivery time beats all in the industry at the moment (four weeks), price is right there with Wings/Talon.
I also loved my Reflex - comfortable, secure flaps.
Two things I don't like about Mirages - the price (which is almost understandable considering how labor intensive it must be to manufacture - all those pieces...) and the ends on the cutaway housings - I don't think sharp edges are a good idea anywhere near cutaway cables, I prefer smooth grommets inside the eye.
pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

I preface this by saying, that I am just learning to freefly. But I love my Talon 2. It is very comfortable, and it has tuck tabs everywhere, riser cover, pin, reserve pin, BOC cover. And it is very comfortable. Mine also has b-12 snaps, so it is always easy to get the leg straps on and off. I bought it used with about 100 jumps on it, and I have been very pleased with it since. I have had one premature, when I started sitflying, but I think that was my fault, I did not stuff the bridle under the right flap enough.
Malachi

The only thing I'll say about the Vectors are that I've seen riser covers popped off on the ground and in the plane. Most people dont have a problem with it but I've seen brand new rigs that had a riser cover that would pop out occasionaly. The Mirage is the only container that I have never seen any flaps open at all. Not once.
AD A#292

I've seen the reserve flap pop open on a Mirage in the middle of a Horny Gorilla. I looked across the 4 way and saw the guy getting smacked up side the head by the flap pretty good. Good thing he had the helmet on or else that one would have left a mark...
Political Correctness-At least one person at any one time will be offended by something

Between my fiance and myself, we have a Mirage M-2, a G-3, a Reflex, Javalin and Vortex II. Each has it's high points. But in the overall consideration, I'll take another Vortex. It's comfortable, small in construction. easy to fly with, looks great and I picked it up for $850.00 fully articulated and chromed to the max. The problem is they seem hard to get here in the States. You can order them cheap out of South Africa, but service sucks and it takes forever. I wish there was a US distributor.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

The vortex II is made by Chute Shop South Africa. Their website is down in the moment, but you can take a look here:
http://www.vortex2systems.com/term.htm and here are some pics:
http://www.chuteshop.co.uk/vortex album.htm
Looks like a javelin - and is really cool, comfortable, and cheap! No one makes smaller rigs for what canopy combination ever! Definitely.
--
Perfect speed, my son, is being there. - Jonathan Livingston Seagull