Brokeneagle

Suit Manufacturer Info?

When I was at Quincy this past August, I ordered a freefly suit from the AirFX tent- There was no way I could afford DaKine's rags, and AirFX seemed to be knowlegable and efficient; their price just couldn't be beat! They measured me, and I explained I needed a loose suit to fit winter clothing under. The suit arrived in late October- it was terrific, but for one thing-- it was skin-tight-- no way to fit bulky warm clothes in there with me! I sent it back for corrections to the return address on the package it was mailed in (that was the only address I had for them), but it was returned again to me in a week with an explanation from the Vero Beach, Florida post office that this P.O. Box no longer existed for AirFX. :( If I have to, I will ask my friends here that are handy with a needle to help with this, but I would much rather ask AirFX to repair their error. Does anyone here know of a correct mailing address for this company? Thanks, guys! Brokeneagle.
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says...

Thanks, Dutch- you're a good man (but I knew that) :( I'd like to think I'll get a contact # or addy for them that's good-- guess just because you have a tent at Quincy doesn't mean shit except you have a tent at Quincy.... too bad, too--- 's a damn nice suit-- guess I'll start askin' the guys tomorrow at the DZ if they can add material to it..... hate to be sexist as well as naive, but I really am still amused at having mostly guys to be the ones to see about sewing stuff-- when I was growing up, a guy that sewed was looked at as being REAL funny, or a hermit-- see you at Rome?

a guy that sewed was looked at as being REAL funny,

That's funny ... I told my wife yesterday, after years of thinking about it, that I had finally decided on what night classes Id like to take ... "What?", she asks ... "Sewing" I answer! Yes, I did get a bit of a blank look for a moment before she asked why... trouble is, I might end up wanting to buy a several hundred dollar sewing machine!
I hope ya can track down AirFX and resolve your situation.

Thanks, Iflyme! Hopefully I can find a link to AirFX somewhere or someone on this forum will know of them-- the good thing about your choice of class is that even if you do end up laying out a fair bit for a machine, it won't take much time at all for you to be able to make money for yourself with it-- good luck on the classes!
Brokeneagle.

I found this info by searching the WHOIS database. No phone numbers but if you contacted the Administrator for the hosting service, also listed in the information below, you may be able to get somewhere.
Craig
Registrant:
Air FX
5424 West Ridge Road
Erie, PA 16506
US
Domain Name: AIR-F-X.COM
Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact:
Plummer, Benjamin (BP7755) [email protected]
Surf Erie Internet Service
2913 Pittsburgh Avenue
Erie, PA 16508
US
814-836-1000 814-838-0716
Record last updated on 23-Dec-2001.
Record expires on 23-Oct-2001.
Record created on 23-Oct-1999.
Database last updated on 29-Dec-2001 16:45:00 EST.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SURFERIE.NET 63.175.116.35
NS2.SURFERIE.NET 63.175.116.36

Craig, thank you! Very cool! I have a fix on them; the URL I have now is www.airfxjump.com
Glad to get it; I really do like the design and colors on the suit- now to get it fitted for winter- doesn't get snowy much here in GA, but does definitely get chilly enough to have to layer up for altitude! Thank you very much- Blue Skies and soft landings always-- (grin)
Brokeneagle.

Jest look outside, Clay!! 'S beautiful-- snowin steadily- 'bout 1/2 inch stickin' here at my house; heard some businesses downtown are letting folk off early 'cause of the snow :D Got a 5-person sled and a willing co-conspirator 17-yr-old daughter waiting to see if we get more... and congrats on th' freedom ta fly...
Brokeneagle.

"heard some businesses downtown are letting folk off early 'cause of the snow"
Unfortunately Bellsouth isn't one of them......
"and congrats on th' freedom ta fly"
Funny thing is....If I really stick to all the rules...IE No more than 25 NM and no class B airspace....I can't do anything but go around the pattern at McCollum...LOL
"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

Outcome so far: Well, Prost, I thought I had a good URL link for AirFX at last, but it turns out this page is under construction and NG for even communication purposes-- I have one more contact number for them, a land-line and will try that number next week. Oh, well, it's a shame, but this mistake is a learning experience- I've learned even Quincy tent operators can be ripoffs. :(
Brokeneagle.

I ordered a jumpsuit about a year ago from AirFX and the owner Paul, helped me out immensely and turned out a nice fitting suit for a good price. The address I have on their order form is 985 Riviera Ave. Sebastion,FL 32958 ph.# (561)388-2270. However, when I call their number the person answering says it is the wrong number. I have a fax# for them somewhere and will continue to look for it.
Dave

Thanks, Dave- I had a different landline#; haven't had time to try this one yet- I'll give it a go, tho- I have a fax # for AirFX listed as (561)778-7872... is yours the same? I haven't met Paul; the two females running the tent at Quincy were Irina & Malaika- my paid invoice just had the PO box # that is no good on it :( (sigh) Thanks for the street addy; I'm driving down to St. Petersberg first week of April, may make a side-trip just to satisfy my own curiosity.
Brokeneagle.

hhhmm... physical address seems to be in PA.
Air FX 5424 West Ridge Road, Erie, Pennsylvania , 16506
numbers i found
(814) 835-8394 or (800) 579-8321
checked an area code map.
confirmed that the (814) is in PA the (516) is in FL. hhhmm...

javascript e-mailer on this page. doesn't give you there e-mail address but you can send them one. maybe old.
http://www.adventuredirectory.com/index.cfm
searched newsgroup archives. place was definitely in Erie Pa. seems like people liked them.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+"air+fx"+group:rec.skydiving&num=100&hl=en&scoring=r&btnG=Google+Search
bad news is i found a different business at the Erie address. maybe contact them and ask how long they've been there and what happened to previous tenant.
http://www.plantfloor.com/pa/tooldieproductions.htm
last longshot. hate to bother people who had nothing to do with it but maybe someone at erie skydivers would know what happened. http://www.erieskydivers.com/
good luck hunting them down.

i know i'm a copycat. here's my whois query for airfxjump.com. maybe they just moved from Erie PA to Sebastian FL. maybe try the
[email protected] good luck.
Registrant:
Air Fx Jump (AIRFXJUMP-DOM)
P.O.Box 784
Sebastian, FL 32975
US
Domain Name: AIRFXJUMP.COM
Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
Air Fx Jump (E25027-OR) [email protected]
Air Fx Jump
P.O.Box 784
Sebastian, FL 32957
US
561 778 -7872 fax: same
Technical Contact:
WorldNIC Name Host (HOST-ORG) [email protected]
Verisign, Inc.
21355 Ridgetop Circle
Dulles, VA 20166
US
1-888-642-9675
Record last updated on 06-Sep-2001.
Record expires on 02-Aug-2002.
Record created on 02-Aug-2001.
Database last updated on 16-Jan-2002 20:13:00 EST.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS96.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.225.236
NS95.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.225.235
$

negative, I saved up for the trip and paid cash; I'm one o' them POOR skydivers, credit cards aren't within my range-- nice thought, tho- thanks for the ideas and numbers, guys- so far all have turned out to be dead ends- y'all are terrific (but I knew that)! (sigh) Ah, well- mebbe if I talk to the Quincy folk, they'll have some clues-- dang, guess some things ARE just too good to be true, even in skydiving :( At least I know some guys at the DZ that are handy with a needle... ;)
Brokeneagle.