ramon

freefly seminar @ Spaceland

"Ruwais in the United Arab Emirates"
EEEEEEEWWWW!!!!!!!!! Man....if there is one part of this planet I hate.....it's the Middle East. I didn't leave anything there and don't want to go back any time soon!!!!
"Carb Heat On....Carb Heat On.....Carb Heat On..."-Phil Polstra :)Clay

Hey man take your rig there is a dropzone in UAE.. It's Umm Al Quiamm or something like that. You can find the website thru the enclave. I think they have a Porter and or an AN2. I have been in Kuwait for the last year and haven't made it down there but I hear it is turning into a winter training ground for Euopean military jump teams.
Good luck at least it's not the third plane of hell hot right now.

Ramon,
(if thats your real name)
Good Luck on your "project". And dont work too hard.
(Heh, I knew there was sumthin wrong with that dude, here is proof, project=cell mission)
I hope plan on being very careful over there.
(Dont bring any of your thug ass friends back)
And of course, if you get the chance, jump over there.
(Yeah, go ahead, jump from your buddies Russian helicopter)
I know that Stevie and Eric likely have enuff info to do the seminar by themselves.
(But if you want to introduce box cutters and suicide missions, its up to you)
So remember your buddies over here with a cool T-shirt.
(If you get lucky and re-enter the US - let us know)
We love postcards too !!!!
(yeah, no freakin letters with anthrax, ya lozer)
Hey Ramon, did you ever get to see that picture of us - Here I am attaching it for your files. It is great.
(Kinda like vampires dont show up in mirrors)
http://www.AirAnn.com
Ugly Girl #6

I'd like too but I will be working. I wrote a custom software package that doesn't work (I'm an engineer not a programmer), and I have to go over there to "tune" the package.
before you start thinking things it is for a petrochemical plant (polyethylene)
:D
bloo skies
ramon

LOL - Ramon, I love you- Man... You are so fun to mess with.
Dude, next time write one that doesnt work for a company in Hawaii.
Yeah, thats it. That way, I will be really nice and you can use your frequent flyer miles to take me with you.

Hey quit posting stuff on here that isnt relevant.
Ummm, About Erics program... The best training idea he has other than the standard levels of increasing skills... Is the exit. Sounds easy right- Well for all the folks out there coaching, I suggest that you incorporate this into your program.
Exit to unstable. Get your training person unstable out the door. Its a tip from Rook Nelson that is valuable in more ways than one. Recovery from unstable is paramount in freeflying. Flips out the door worked well for me.
I had the dive plan down. At the last run thru before we load, my jump coach says ok, good. Now, do flips out the door and return to vRW stable as fast as you can. Heh? The good part is I (the student) didnt have time to go back and visualize the addition to the dive plan. So I (the student) had to work it as it happened. AS WE DO in real life.
(in this particular dive) We saw the student had excellent recovery skills from unstable. Next... the student had to do the previously mind rehearsed skill and stay with the instructor. Then that skill is evaluated and tweaked.
In my case it was transitions. I thought mine sucked. Turns out they were perfect. For some reason I didnt feel right about they way my body was tucking and spinning. But it looked on film perfect. No loss of alt. Solid cartwheel.
I wonder why this is? How is it that a person can not feel good about the muscle memory of a skill and it look perfect on tape???
At first -I thought- that was a wasted jump. I was already doing it perfect and the coachs statement was do that again. Ah-hah, there it is -Keyword--Again. Did I get lucky? Maybe.
Then again, I doubt it, only because I screw up every coach jump I do. (Note to Self: make sure everybody saw the tape whereby I do everything perfect)
Never is a jump wasted, I did learn alot from that jump. For myself, I see myself returning quickly to vRW stable and pulling off the cartwheel from there without alt loss. But, I still think that jump could have gone either way on me.
Weird thing is .. my confindence in my skills is still questioned in my head... (I need to get that tape from Eric and see what I did right)
So, Does a student take that and go with it?
Do you take that for what it is and add a new skill to it? Or does a student perfect it to perfection- Then... move on. ??
Could be a combo of things for the student.. Confidence? Likely true in my case. But for myself and maybe the standard student... practice is what is going to gain you that confidence in a skill and move you on to the next level.
Thats what I am thinking at this particular time period... basically makin up shyt to make this post relevant to the thread. Your welcome. And I dont care if it doesnt make any sense.. my disclaimer is I havent had enuff coffee.
Hey Levin do a search for your name! And dispite popular belief... the occasional Egg and Velveeta Sandwinch, paired with Lucky Charms and Diet Coke... Is not what the normal champion skydiver eats. I will let you know what is is that they do eat when I figure it out. ...-Now let me see... Hummm... Apparently it is Fried apple pies and Coffee... BAAAWAHAAHAHAHA!!!!
http://www.AirAnn.com
Ugly Girl #6