sudo242

Looking for some video footage

Dear all - I have read with great interest the threads about not flying with a camera until sufficiently experienced and trained. I tend to be of the conservative bent, so have heeded the advice I have received and not flown camera yet. So I am in this particular situation... I am making a video to celebrate a boogie that I attended this year. I want to have the video include some freefall footage, since without it it seems to be missing a huge part of the experience. I did live through the boogie, so would like to thank the kind people that advised us all to not fly camera until we are ready. But that places me in a situation where I need to ask others for some freefall video footage to be able to finish my video. Ideally, the video would include some brief footage inside the aircraft (preferably a twin otter and/or skyvan to match the rest of the video), the climb out, freefall, deployment and some footage under canopy. The boogie was a great success, so I want to have some footage that does it justice. So, since I followed the rules, and did the right thing, I was hoping someone might help me out with some video footage I could use to round out my video. Please let me know if you are willing to donate some footage. I thank you in advance for any help you can give me. And I also thank you for your wise advice for me to not fly with my own camera.

sudo242

One thing that happened to me that was really sad that I did not capture on video was this... I was in freefall over the DZ. I was doing a solo skydive. As I looked straight down, there were some clouds. Not enough clouds to disqualify a skydive, but just enough to make you wonder. The clouds were 'thinish.' But as I looked down, I saw a circular rainbow, the kind that builds from the clouds below you. The circle rainbow that was below me was amazing. I dreamed and wished I had jumped with a camera, since I had seen rainbows hundreds of times but never a circular one from above.

The boogie was the Barefoot Boogie at Skydive Pepperell in Massachusetts.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Why not ask the people who attended the Boogie? Pepperell's boogie isn't a particularly big deal - even in New England - so I doubt you're going to find tons of people who attended in the video forum. Ping a message to their Facebook group or their "banter" e-mail group.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

sudo242

Thanks, but I don't care where the video is from. It will only occupy a few seconds of the overall video. I just want some generic free fall video. If I can't find any online I'll ask around the drop zone. Or just wear my camera this weekend.

So... You want random, non-boogie footage to document the boogie that you enjoyed?

That's... interesting...

Can I suggest finding some from Sebastian, Puerto Rico, Panama, or Dubai? Those have great visuals and people will all assume it's from Pepperell. They just held Nationals and all of the footage is available; why not splice it in so you have some quality skydiving!

(Sorry about the snark, but any skydiver in New England can tell all of the New England DZs apart just from a momentary inspection of the jump footage. Same is true for elsewhere around the globe - I know what CSC looks like vs. Skydive Chicago vs. Elsinore vs. Z-Hills vs. well, you get the point. I mean, if you're just making a video to impress whuffos or pick up chicks, who am I to judge, but it just seems sort of odd to me.)

Anyway, good luck.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

sudo242

One thing that happened to me that was really sad that I did not capture on video was this... I was in freefall over the DZ. I was doing a solo skydive. As I looked straight down, there were some clouds. Not enough clouds to disqualify a skydive, but just enough to make you wonder. The clouds were 'thinish.' But as I looked down, I saw a circular rainbow, the kind that builds from the clouds below you. The circle rainbow that was below me was amazing. I dreamed and wished I had jumped with a camera, since I had seen rainbows hundreds of times but never a circular one from above.

Don't worry, if you keep jumping you'll see it again. And yes, it's always amazing. :)