sdctlc

a6000 Cage and Remote Support

Looking at the remote multi terminal attachment on the a6000, it looks a little weak. Trying to decide if it is worth it to get a cage and the support to hold the connection secure? Looking at the Small Rig cage.

Curious if anybody has found that this is needed? Thoughts and any pictures are appreciated. seems pretty cheap insurance but curious thoughts of those that might be using this.

Thanks
Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Can't find the photo right now but the other simpler/cheaper/lighter option is to get a box of Plastimorph and make a little plastic spacer that hugs the cable and is held in place with a rubber band around the camera so that the cable is pulled tight and doesn't wiggle at all. For belly it's not necessary IMO but for WS/FF it's a good idea. Also I've tried a few cables and some of them fit a bit loose inside the multi port. FWIW my Skyswitch fits the tightest by far.

The cage adds a bit of weight but it does offer some protection and lets you do silly stuff like this if you happen to forget your camera helmet :)

I guess you're talking about the USB to shutter release? Well I can agree it's bloody weak, stupid things been driving me crazy. My shutter release failed on this and seems its not unusal on the 6000 series. Been back to sony and they didn't fix it, had to buy an official sony remote shutter to prove it's not one of my many USB shutters that fad failed - so sure if you can improve it, it's worth doing!
https://s9.postimg.org/3y87vbbr3/email_sig.jpg
www.vertexskysports.com
www.facebook.com/vertexskysports