DougH

Best option to mount additional GoPro on FTP with full stills and CX760 on top.

I need to add a Go Pro 3+ in addition to my current setup.

It is going to be sporting a bigger footprint with a turned-on on the back.

I see that Trunk has a long tbar type mount that I can just mount on the front of the FTP.

Is there any slicker setups using cages or housings?

If there was a cam eye type button, or I used the Wi-Fi remotes, it could be slick to sink this thing into the helmet to make it a flusher mount.

May also just stick it on top, we are just now getting back to outside video. Our editor is used to Go Pro footage and that's what all the other setups are running. I won't likely be using any cx760 footage for work jumps.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Looking for the same thing myself at the moment.

I lost a GoPros after a riser strike across the front of a flat top. It was fixed with the standard plastic J-mount which broke at the plastic arm.

I've picked up one of those little snug metal cages which look good but it has a thumb screw on the bottom and no easy way to rear mount it.

I could do with a low profile L-bracket of some kind but I'm not keen on anything that might be sharp and take off a finger if a riser slaps my hand into my head or something ;).

Been meaning to take a dremel to a standard bracket or something but I haven't got round to it.

>I lost a GoPros after a riser strike across the front of a flat top. It was fixed with
>the standard plastic J-mount which broke at the plastic arm.

While it's annoying to lose a camera that is MUCH better than having a riser entanglement. So I'd go with a better flush mount than an L-bracket that won't come off when struck by a riser.

I've attached my eventual solution using a cage and one of those trunk-style mounts. I've since added a little bungee to limit any vibration and I'll be replacing the thumb screw with a normal machine screw before it gets jumped.

It sits tons flusher than the J mount did.

I appreciate what you're saying. However, I've got a gopping great stills camera screwed on top. Maybe I should attach that with a dab of adhesive :P (or, more seriously, replace it with a mirrorless!)

I have that same cage.

Right now it is on a quick release plate, sitting on the porch that the helmet came with.

I am thinking of buying one of the recessed Xshut mounts, and bolting the cage to that when I get a dedicate GoPro so it can stay in the mount instead of bouncing between the cage and my handicam glove.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P