ThighMan

Advice needed on setting up a new camera helmet.

OK, need some advice. I'm putting a Sony A6000 on a true camera helmet. I've got the camera, getting the mouth/tongue switch, and the helmet. What should I NOT do and what SHOULD be done. I've got a few jumps and I'm more than a little safe (I think so anyway). Any good suggestions and advice is more than welcome. Thanks.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

I would try a mounting solution that allows you to make some small adjustments if possible.

For example, if you mount an action camera next to a DSLR-type camera the wide angle of the action camera might pick up the end of the lens on one side - so it's good to be able to shift things forward and back a bit.

I have a Cookie Rok with top plate and two flatlocks on top, on which I can choose to mount a DSLR, CX100 or GoPro / Sony Action Cam.

ThighMan

OK, need some advice. I'm putting a Sony A6000 on a true camera helmet. I've got the camera, getting the mouth/tongue switch, and the helmet. What should I NOT do and what SHOULD be done. I've got a few jumps and I'm more than a little safe (I think so anyway). Any good suggestions and advice is more than welcome. Thanks.

get the tonfly 2.5 or cookie fuel with dual plates. If you are setting it up to pair with a gopro either setup is nice and compact and fits well with the a6000.I have run the nex3n, 5100, 6000, and now 6300. Make sure you get a 90 degree multi terminal adapter for your switch to minimize chance of breaking. I just ordered the one from Kris "Sky Switches" off of here since my hypoxic ones keep falling apart.

Get a cage? I'm the only person I've ever seen use one (I think most people don't know they exist) but I like it a lot. Allows for the whole minor adjustment thing and gives you something to fix the tongue switch cable to so it isn't jerking around in the camera's port. Also protects it somewhat from bumps in the plane and door.

example

Does the cage mount like the camera or does it take the place of the camera mounting and you mount the camera in the cage? I would say the later. I like the part of the cable management. I'm an I.T. guy and well, "CABLE DRESSING" is second nature. Thank you for the link and I'm looking at it.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

jtiflyer

look into really right stuff they make great camera mounts

Love mine. Unfortunately they have been out of stock on the A7II L-bracket that I need for about a month now. >:(
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P