ThighMan

Digital camera for pictures.

I know it has been asked and yet, with the newer and lighter digital cameras (pictures only), the answer always changes. Here is what I'm looking to do: take high quality pictures. Large megapixel for sharper images. Suggestions? I have a camera helmet (fuel) and can mount almost anything on it. I have a larger canopy for the opening shock on the neck (210 storm).
Thank you all for the information.
Patrick
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

I wouldn't want to mount a DSLR on a Fuel, but maybe that is just me.

3/4 frame mirrorless on the other hand, but still I think the Fuel isn't idea if you are running decent glass that tends to be bigger and heavier.

I am redoing my setup this winter, ditching the ancient Rebel XSi for a Sony A7ii, which is a mirror-less full frame sensor body.

I am going to be sticking it onto a Flat-top pro.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Sony a6000 (or a5100) with a Sony 16mm/20mm pancake or Sigma 19mm is one of the lightest, cheapest, and highest image quality setups you can get. The Fuel is fine as long as you have a chin cup instead of the normal strap. Get a Sony mouth switch from Skyswitches.com and you're set for ~$600.

You'd have to spend at least 2-3x that much to get noticeably better stills.

A flat top pro is a bonehead helmet. Full face but rear entry. With a large flat area on top. It always reminded me of Frankenstein's flat head. Really popular with pro camera people when everyone was jumpin dslr's for stills and the larger old school video cams. Now that GoPro has taken over you don't see them as much.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

DougH

I am redoing my setup this winter, ditching the ancient Rebel XSi for a Sony A7ii, which is a mirror-less full frame sensor body.

Hey, did you switch over to A7ii? What glass do you use? Did you see a significant improvement going to full frame? I'm looking into transitioning to mirrorless in March and would love to hear your experience and anyone else's who's using full frame mirrorless.

Thanks!
http://www.childrenofthesky.com

Freefly!