jtval

photo printer

Hello all..
Its been a LONG time since I posted here...

I searched and didn't find anything useful.

I had to ditch my last printer:
Epson R200 (that's how long those suckers last)
It was a GREAT on-the-spot photo printer for tandems and the like.

it was compact, light, relatively cheap and uses a fair amount of ink for each photo.

I bought an R260 to replace it and I get about 3 photos per ink cartridge...DONE with that one. (it doesn't print as beautifully as the R200, anyway.

Do you have any suggestions on printers? My wants are ...
1- QUALITY prints
2- Less than $500 ( I bought my Epson R200 for $80 on sale. it lasted YEARS!!!)
3- Light weight (portable, IF possible but not necessary)
4- used for 8.5X11 paper so I can use it for documents, too.

A lot of printers nowadays seem to be specifically for 5x7 or 8x10 etc...UGH!!!

Any advice is appreciated. BLUES!!!
My photos

My Videos

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EPSON-STYLUS-R200-DIGITAL-PHOTO-INKJET-PRINTER-CD-DVD-PRINTING-NEW-OPEN-BOX-/391593607218?hash=item5b2ccc4032:g:TJ0AAOSwzaJX~pc-

And many more if you search ebay. Probably Amazon as well. Why change what works well for you?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Epson 1430
I'm using it a lot I mean a lot! I'm selling 8x10s for tandems... Not the best quality but a very good quality.
It works great with 3rd party refillable ink cartridges. It takes some tweaking in the advanced settings to shift colors ( cyan, magenta, yellow, contrast, saturation...) to get descent color accuracy with non Epson inks though. Also get the ink (dye based only!) from the same source.
For ultimate quality I'm still useing my Epson R1900 and 3880
Ilford Gallery Pearl 310g/ sqm paper. The 250sheet per package is the deal. Epson paper is very good too.
-Laszlo-

I've been tempted to buy another R200. I really dont think any of these are "NEW." the used ones are always very reliable.

I've been trying to get my brain moist again. I don't rememebr if Windows 10 Works with the drivers...

If I Knew...I'd jump on this little sucker
My photos

My Videos

Laszloimage

Epson 1430
I'm using it a lot I mean a lot! I'm selling 8x10s for tandems... Not the best quality but a very good quality.
It works great with 3rd party refillable ink cartridges. It takes some tweaking in the advanced settings to shift colors ( cyan, magenta, yellow, contrast, saturation...) to get descent color accuracy with non Epson inks though. Also get the ink (dye based only!) from the same source.
For ultimate quality I'm still useing my Epson R1900 and 3880
Ilford Gallery Pearl 310g/ sqm paper. The 250sheet per package is the deal. Epson paper is very good too.
-Laszlo-

Thanks Laszlo
I appreciate the info. I'll be diggin into the specs. When you say its got good quality I assume you mean- Frameable, Sellable.

I'd assume there a good enough quality to hang around the house and office? ...I.E. Comparable to my "demanding standards" of the R200? :D
My photos

My Videos

Do you have a rough idea about how much each 8x10/8x12 costs to print?

I.E. how many full sized prints do you get out of an ink cartridge.

I'm back to using my R260. It empties like it sprung a leak. It's not even worth the print. LIterally, I got 3 prints (8x10) and the full cartridge is already giving me a low ink warning (on ALL colors)
My photos

My Videos

Normally I get 30-40 8x10s at "photo" setting with the Epson 1430 ( it was similar with the Artisan50). And sometimes only 20... Ligh Cyan goes 3 or 4 times faster because of the blue sky in the shots. And you need to clean printing head here and there, and sometimes there's a smudge... Printing isn't always a smooth process takes some experience to learn about it. I charge $20 for an 8x10 tandem landing to make it profitable...

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 That I don't use anymore. It will print up to 13x19. I have quite a bit of 8.5 x 11 and 13 x 19 paper to go with it. Probably even have some ink cartridges too. I will sell it to you for $200 plus shipping. It does great for prints. Haven't had the need to use it sense I stopped jumping. Here's the linfo https://www.amazon.com/Epson-Stylus-Photo-Printer-C11C387011/dp/B000067V0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477931985&sr=8-1&keywords=epson+stylus+photo+2200 from Amazon.