Scubadivemaster

Reliable brand of tongue switch

For those still using SLRs, can anyone suggest a tongue switch other than Conceptus? Failures on their switches are just too common to be using them as a professional, even though their customer service is great about replacing them. Replacement doesn't help the student who didn't get any photos of their jump because the switch failed, again.

ByMike

http://www.ultimate-switch.com

Been using mine for over 4 years now (i think), went threw 2-3 conceptus tongue switches per season before that. But the blow switch still works like a charm.

I love my blow switch from ultimate switch. However they do not work with certain cameras like the sony A series (have tried both a5100 and a6000). I have had great success with skysiwtches.com. They are flat bladed tongue switches (they don't recommend biting but I have a habit it biting mine gently and have had it over 6 months now). They are made to order so you can request a certain length what type of camera plug and switch cover color.

The Ultimate switch works fine with the a5100/6000. I received a bad wire for my Sony and no response from the company, but I was able to track the problem to a bad terminal crimp. I cut the terminals off, stripped the wires, and since I didn't have new terminals I pried them open and crimped them with pliers and soldered them to the wires. Been working fine for a year now. I also bought a cheap wired remote, cut the wires, identified which wire does what, and gave it to a friend to add terminals properly to be prepared when my repair fails.

The ultimate switch works great. It's really an off the shelf pressure switch that's available much cheaper, but you'd need to supply your own wires and tubing. I've been using the same ultimate switch for 6 years now with few issues. I've had a few issues with wires going bad or coming loose from the switch, but nothing like the failure rates I was getting with tongue switches.

Dave

jtiflyer

I love my blow switch from ultimate switch. However they do not work with certain cameras like the sony A series (have tried both a5100 and a6000). I have had great success with skysiwtches.com. They are flat bladed tongue switches (they don't recommend biting but I have a habit it biting mine gently and have had it over 6 months now). They are made to order so you can request a certain length what type of camera plug and switch cover color.

Correcting the typo for my website... www.skyswitches.com

Thanks for the feedback! Glad they're working well for you. Nibbling on them should be fine. Biting... not so much!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Using it on my a6300 and it works just fine, another guy on the same DZ has it for his a5100.
Tried it with stock cord and a own made one seams to work either way.
Even got my a6300 to work on a home made version of a cameye (for video, it´s made to work with the BOSS sony cameras but works equally fine for the a6300) =)