mr2mk1g

interesting startup camera which tracks vertical

mr2mk1g

Camera banned from competition? What do you mean?

Might be referring to freestyle or VFS, or maybe RW too. Part of the competition is the camera. So in FS and there is judging on how well the jump is filmed art/style points or as they call it "camera work." So anyway, I could see some neat gadget that makes the camera fliers job easier causing some problems. Just a guess though.

The rules normally read something like the following. This is from the FAI Competiton Rules for Wingsuit Flying.

7.4.3 The camera must be fixed by a static mount to the helmet. No roll, pitch or yaw movements of the camera, mechanical and/or digital zoom adjustment, or any digital effects (excluding “steady shot” or other image stabilization feature) may be used during competition jumps. Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in a score of zero (0) points.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Makes sense about the mounting. I don't see any harm in "steadyshot" or "BOSS" style stabilization though, it just improves the quality but if you point it the wrong way or let the jumpers get out of from... it is still pointed the wrong way and the jumpers are still out of the frame.

Unless they are just cutting off any and all future tracking software/hardware to avoid a debate of "does it stabilize, or does it track?"

Either way, for competition, who cares? For records though, it would be silly to deny one because it was "filmed with extra precision." But I assume that is not the case.