Iver

Fresh of the boat Tandem Videographer

Just got my tandem video papers and i am doing my first tandem in a couple of weeks (cessna 182). I am eager to hear all advice you have for me! Spesifically your editing worklflow, music(licensensed og not?), flying, safety and everything else. Planning to shot on a cx 115 (Wide angle lens) and a Hero 4 Black, Recommended settings? filming without an hypeye, is it better to go with to gopros maybey?

I'm really looking forward to the day the last 115 dies... I mean they're still cool for rw and stuff like that but for a paying tandem student?! It's not 2010 anymore :)

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Pobrause

I'm really looking forward to the day the last 115 dies... I mean they're still cool for rw and stuff like that but for a paying tandem student?! It's not 2010 anymore :)

Really? I'm still using my 110, performs like a rockstar and pretty sure there aren't any tandem students complaining about the quality.

Iver, sounds like you have the equipment...but do you have the tools?...as in have you been practicing? I would like to think you got your video papers because you showed someone you can do the job. For my CX, I prefer manual focus and turn off video stabilization (or whatever it's called). I still shoot with a digital SLR so I can't help with the gopro. As for editing, it really depends on what your dz prefers if there is any. I prefer to keep it short and sweet, no need for extra shit on the video when really, it's all about the freefall.
my pics & stuff!

Really? I'm still using my 110, performs like a rockstar and pretty sure there aren't any tandem students complaining about the quality.

Nobody expects the latest cam equipment on the head of a guy that survived the Titanic :P
The cx is still popular because it works with a hypeeye and old farts don't like new stuff.

About a third of the last 50 tandem students I did video for asked me about the video resolution and if 4k was possible. Also when editing gopro 3+/4BE or the Sony equivalent action cam together with some cx 115 footage the cx just doesn't fit anymore. Since the Hero 2 the video quality from Gopro has surpassed the old cx100-115 line.

ok,,,so what would you use ?

I personally fell in love with the BOSS system and currently use the AX 53 together with two gopros 3+/4BE for stills and backup, be it RW, tandem or fun jumps.
There is quite a number of different setups that work well and produce decent video and stills, even without going the mirrorless/DSLR route.

I don't want to tell you what equipment to use, but IMO nowadays for paying tandem students the video standard should be a little higher and more 'recent' :)
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

an ax33 is my dream but as i said.. this is my first tandem video over. Going with two gorpo but what really matters is the flying;) Any tips? Jumping from a cessna 182/175. How was you guyses first tandem filming experiences? Do i use my wings, slick suit, ff suit? What studen/instructor combo requiers me to were what suit?