ThighMan

Camera Wing Jacket.

Ok, I know there has got to be a list of suggestions and what you should get but, here it goes.
I've got a little over 1800 jumps and have been using a contour and GoPro (Contour for video and GoPro for pictures) on my "NORMAL" jumps. I would like to do a bit more video jumping and have priced out a camera wing jacket. What should I expect on the wing and what should I avoid? I sure would hate to do something "FOOLISH" when someone has done it and reported it. Suggestions? Thanks.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

Symmetrie and proper rigging. If in doubt, read and ask around.
Check on each and every jump multiple times that everything is where it belongs and your wings can inflate symmetrically.

During a malfunction the wings and excess straps can interfere with your handles and possibly cover them. You might have to hold them asside/release them with one arm and cutaway/pull your reserve with the other/single handedly. Train different scenarios on the ground first.

larger burble, so make sure to really throw out your pc, like the name of the system suggests.

You are basically wearing a constraining jacket, which makes for a more difficult pull. I've seen a few video-firsties ending up head low and tumbling a bit because they didn't anticipate the decreased range of arm movement. A few practice pulls are always a good idea.

depending on the size of your wings and deployment technique you might want to consider a longer bridle, if your openings become funny. I don't need them but I know some who wouln't like to jump without a wingsuit bridle when doing video jumps.

depending on your weight/height ratio and flexibility you might need to take on weight as arching and fully collapsing your wings while looking down can be a bit difficult when videoing teams. Are you still at a comfortable wl if you're doing so?

although you're pulling higher/ have more time under canopy train to release the snaps and dealing with your camera jacket quickly on the ground first. The added steps do take some time. Be aware of that when pulling lower than ususal on a video jump.
I like to release the wing buckles and the thumb loops after deployment because they restrict my range of movement during swooping but others consider that unnescesary.

Make a few practice jumps and find out the range of your jacket with an easy reference point. (sitfly/backfly, belly...)

The bigger the wings, the bigger your range. Though they are a little bit more difficult to fly and handle, the increased range comes in handy sometimes. Big wings can be collapsed, small wings can't grow in an instant if you need them bigger.
Big wings, lots of lead and you have range both ways. Thats what I am doing. Also I like the higher WL :)

And lastly, have fun! Camera wings are an awesome tool. :)

Would like to hear the opinion of others, my bored-at-work-list is most likely missing important things and YMMV.

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Some factors you'll want to consider is your size/weight. Are you generally floaty?...then probably small wings. Are you thick and sink out pretty easily?...then you'll want bigger wings. The jacket i have has the big wings and i love them. I'm not a fatty but love having the ability to NEVER sink out on a tandem vid. This really came into play videoing a 16 year olds AFF dive a few years ago. He weighed (no shitter) about 90lbs.
my pics & stuff!

Pobrause pointed it out very well.

My suggestion in addition: go to your local DZ videodude and ask him.
He should know and be able to answer most of your questions.
Do some trainingjumps with him and let him capture those jumps.
Rehearse your EPs, climbouts, exits and pull sequences.

And remember: a videoman is like a Ninja.
When it comes to action, no one knows that he is there, but everyone tries to kill him .. ;)

--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well