Hooknswoop

No-Sew Fingertrap

My roomate did one last night and It was more easy to understand by seen the final product than what the website showed, now it makes lots of sence. is a bad arse idea!
Cielos Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

You don't pull it through after it is attached to the toggle, but before. Look at the pictures posted by hooknswoop. The entire process has been completed on them.

Cheers guys,

I've got it now...I'll be trying it out on my new Sabre2 toggles tomorrow.....;)

No-Sew Fingertrap from Jump Shack.

Kudos to Jump Shack. Very cool idea AND they put it on their web site for anyone to use.

I tried the technique with 500 Vectran and it was easy, no sewing, and reportedly just as stong as a 'conventional' finger-trap/bar-tack.

Derek

I have known of the no sew fingertrap for about a year, it is a great idea, and I use it for making loops for my power packing tools all the time. But when used for ringertrapping toggles it can cause problems, as the toggle wears out and the lines get frayed it is very hard to undo, when it is fresh it can easily be undone, but with worn out lines it makes it a lot more difficult. Either way it is a great idea, and I use it a lot, especially replacing lower control lines.

This said, many manufacturer's wont recommend it, Jump shack has used it and has found it to work well, but you know how it goes, "If I didnt think of it, it isnt any good". So use it at your own risk and convinience.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I just posted a pictorial of the technique on the rigging section of my web site, maybe this will help. The technique is great, the finished product "cleaner" in appearance than a bar-tacked version in my opinion.

http://www.sidsrigging.com/Articles/stitchless_fingertrap.htm
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

That's how I do it. I make my loop size (almost 2x a normal toggle loop), then fingertrap the excess. I then make my knot to the proper size. I feel since the fingertrap is in the knot, it is adequately locked.
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.