SkydiverTilt

How are you mounting your GoPro?

Understand the pros and cons here. But I'm curious how many people are using the straight adhesive tape that comes with the GoPro and how it's holding up jump to jump, cold season to warm season.
When you are at a party stop asking people "What do you do?" ask them..."What do you do for fun?"

SkydiverTilt

I'm just curious if it holds. People would use the adhesive only so it breaks away in the event of a line snag. Good for helmets that don't have a cutaway system.

Are any of YOU actually going to bet your LIFE that the adhesive doesn't hold or your gopro breaks off in an entanglement? Even with your reserve? This is NOT an acceptable plan. Anyone deciding to jump with any type of video/camera needs some type of a cutaway system or an easy way of removing their helmet as well as a plan and continual practicing of emergency procedures. Go try and remove a gopro mount off of a helmet and see how easy that it is. The plastic mount will likely fail first if it does at all.

I commonly ask jumpers with gopros/etc and no cutaway system on their helmets what they would do if they have an entanglement on their next jump. Usually there is silence and no answer. Good luck with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsEI_6cErbM

I've done thousands of camera jumps through Winters and Summers and my original, plastic, 3M-sticky-stuff mount is as solid as it was when i first put it on my skydiving helmet.
I can tell you from personal experience though, that the same mount will not hold during a cliff-strike, but i guess you're not planning one of those.:P