skydived19006

Video and Still Hand Cam Options

I'm at a point where we need to do a ground up restart on our hand cam equipment. I may be over complicating it, as it seems to come down to what gloves options are available. I have a few GoPro2 cameras that I'd like to use, at least on the still side, but don't see a glove option. I'm also confused by options for video, 3, 3+, 4 silver, 4 black, Hero+ (don't really need an LCD back screen).

Maybe go with the Hero+ ($199) for stills, and something else for video in a Pivot glove?

I REALLY like the Sony cameras for their image stabilization. But, there's always a "but", it looks like the HDR-HZ1 it goes to a 120 degree field with image stabilization turned on. And, I don't know what glove would work, though there is s Pivot mount for two HZ1s.

Is there an "industry standard" of two GoPros? And if so, which models are typical?

I need to put together two gloves for a 182 operation.

I did search this forum, the latest information I could find is a couple of years old, and didn't really address my questions. And a couple of years is a generation in this area!

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I am using the HDR-HZ1 with the pivot glove with great success. Image stabilization is not needed so you can use the 170 view. The batteries will need to be changed out half way through the day but even that's an easy task. To get the best quality out of the camera you need to slow the shutter speed to prevent the background from "rolling". This is easily accomplished by using a 2 stop neutral density filter inside of the lens protector.

The only real gripe is when the camera is set to interval photo, there is no indicator that the camera is going. You push the record button but there is no change to show that it is indeed taking photos. So pretty much you just trust that its working.