wetrock

Re-play XD fogging and locking up?

so I have a replay xd mounted out side the plane that seems to be working flawlessly except for the fact I am having trouble with it fogging. I have talked to the manufacturer and they told me that I have to check the seals are in working order. but other that that they had no suggestions. the rep mentioned that there is no space to put any paper towel to soak up the ambient moisture in the camera. I am almost at the point where I am going to drill a hole in the front cover lens to stop it from fogging. does anyone have a better idea?
I have another replay that I give to the tandem masters and it locks up and stops recording and becomes unresponsive to any button pushing on the 2 red outside buttons. The back cap hast to be taken off and the rest button has to be pushed before It will work again. I have tried to recreate this problem on the ground but I have not been able to do it. including handing the camera to the tandem masters and getting them to try to get it to lockup with not results. I talk to the rep and he mentioned it may be a card formatting problem and got me to use SDformatter to format the approved Lexar 633X cards I am using. and it still locks for the tandem masters in the plane but not on the ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Adam at Replay.

You can buy lens kits for a few dollars; might as well experiment with one lens cover to see if a small hole fixes the issue. I'd also suggest checking the O ring, and perhaps use a very light coating of silicon ala CYPRES kit.

Card speed is critical. There isn't a week go by that I don't hear from someone who has slow or counterfeit cards.

So you're formatting outside the camera? That seems a tad odd, but if that's what XD told you to do...

i don't think its a counterfit card as i go it them from future shop/bestbuy and they seem to be working as advertised. the cards all seem to be uploading at 95 megabits/s but because i am losing money and can't find the problem will see if i can get it to lock up with all the cards to see if i have a bad one.