PalleNygren

SONY HDR-PJ620

Really keen on getting the above, mostly for its BOSS stabilizer. Thing is I want to have the equivalent of a CX-105 with a Hypeye. As I understand it there is no Hypeye for the PJ620, but is there any other solution (short of messing about with soldering and the likes)?

/P

PalleNygren

Really keen on getting the above, mostly for its BOSS stabilizer. Thing is I want to have the equivalent of a CX-105 with a Hypeye. As I understand it there is no Hypeye for the PJ620, but is there any other solution (short of messing about with soldering and the likes)?

/P

I ‘have a working prototype that Daniel Åström tried out during the nationals. It only has basic functions for power on/off, rec on/off and LED indicator, the button fits in a Hypeye hole. I wasn’t able to detect any status for low bat or low mem when sniffing the multiport protocol.

Edit: No soldering required.

Keep us posted. I think there are several of us looking to move past the 5-6 year old CXs to the newer models and have a visual indicator.

I think the 430 (already like 3 years old?) is the last one to work with the hypeye.

I think that I've found the communication protocol etc for the multiport and I have ordered a multiport connector to try and make my own indicator. The big bottleneck seems to be getting your hands on the multi terminal connectors. Will report back here when I've tried it out a little...

Yo trunk,
What about trying to crowd fund it?
If the market is there they will buy,
If it isnt they wont (we wont)
Its kind of a hard one as people arnt buying these cameras as there is no switch, and theres no switch cause theyre not buying these cameras.
But the top end use them still, and people who use em would love a switch...might be worth poping a kickstarter campain with moderate goals to make a simple(ish) switch and see how it gets on?