gcollados

Sony A6000

I just bought a sony A6000 and connected to a tongue switch adapter.
The tongue switch works ok, but when the camera goes to sleep mode it doesn't wake up with the switch, not even with he trigger button. I need to push the menu button first.

Does anyone knows how to arrange that. Battery life is really disappointing with this camera so I want to try to save battery as much as I can.

I ran into the same issue and haven't found the answer. As a workaround I just changed the power save timer to 5 minutes instead of whatever the default was (1 minute I think). Battery life is not awesome but I keep a spare charged and usually end up making it through a full day without needing it.

An adaptor (sony multi-terminal to 2.5mm) or switch with sony multi-terminal connector, both with 90 degree connector is also available here, to give you a choice of places to go!

http://skyswitches.com/index.asp?q=buy
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Yeah I'll second Skyswitches. Kris is super easy to work with and has gone out of his way to help myself and others and really affordable. Get an adapter from sony to canon (2.5m stereo jack) and then you will find it easier to get replacement switches in the field when one fails

jtiflyer

I will 3rd sky switches. Well constructed and very sturdy. If only there was a way to make the actual switch like a conceptus tongue switch which IMO is easier to manipulate.

There is: buy a conceptus tongue switch!! ;)

Cheers for the comments though!

And apologies for this thread being diverted!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

degeneration

***I will 3rd sky switches. Well constructed and very sturdy. If only there was a way to make the actual switch like a conceptus tongue switch which IMO is easier to manipulate.

There is: buy a conceptus tongue switch!! ;)

Cheers for the comments though!

And apologies for this thread being diverted!

yeah no I like not using an adapter and have a nice durable switch