kallend

SUPER not so super

For several years I had been using a freeware package called SUPER to convert between formats, without any problems. I just installed an update and it proceeded to fill my Windows laptop with garbage adware/malware, trashed the registry and generally made life miserable.

F**kers!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

DSE

They were absorbed by another company a couple years ago, and you're right...they've turned into another K-Lite codec installer, filled with crapware.
Sorry you got hit!

I got rid of the malware after some effort (it disabled my Malwarebytes malware detector) but there's still something wrong with the registry.

Anyhow, any recommendations for an inexpensive converter (doesn't have to be freeware) that doesn't have anti-social properties?

I use the Batch feature of Sony Vegas, so haven't looked at a convert app for quite a while.
With the Batch, it can convert hundreds of files to another format while you sleep. There is a small learning curve, however.

VLan does some forms of conversion. It should do *most* of what you want, and it's reasonably fast.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html[url]

DSE

I use the Batch feature of Sony Vegas, so haven't looked at a convert app for quite a while.
With the Batch, it can convert hundreds of files to another format while you sleep. There is a small learning curve, however.

VLan does some forms of conversion. It should do *most* of what you want, and it's reasonably fast.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Thanks, vlan did the trick.

I also rediscovered handbrake lurking on an old PC.