Benjamin11

IR remote shutter Nikon D60

Hello all!

I've been doing tandem video/stills with 2 GoPros and I'd like to get into DSLR stills.

I was given a Nikon D60 that I'd like to use, if possible, until I save up for a nicer DSLR.

The D60 does not have the ability for a wired remote shutter release. It does, however, have the ability for use of an IR remote shutter release.

The attached product is the gentLED IR trigger, which apparently can be triggered with a tongue/ bite switch. In my research I've found that some people have had trouble using the IR remote shutter release feature behind the camera, as the IR sensor is on the front of the camera body.

My questions are this:

Has anyone had any experience with this type of product? (attached photo) ~£30EU btw.

Should I even bother trying to rig up a tongue switch on this setup? Or should I just keep using other methods until I get a wired shutter release capable DSLR?

I'm open for any and all input. I've been searching several forums, including this one, and decided it was time to finally just ask.

Thanks!

-Ben