piisfish

Snagless GoPro helmet

Looks nice.
But I'm not sure I would buy one as you limit yourself to one camera.
Now that GoPro just released a new and smaler cam, this helmet is already 'old'.
But if the top part would be sold seperatly it can be interesting.
Angles are also impossible (I guess) to set.

piisfish

Why?
built in camera systems have never been very successful. Today, cameras are shifting rapidly. Ambarella is micro-sizing their imagers, and we'll see a significant drop in size and increase in some quality aspects in the next 18 months. Why buy a helmet that is outdated before it has 500 jumps on it?

DSE

Why?
built in camera systems have never been very successful. Today, cameras are shifting rapidly. Ambarella is micro-sizing their imagers, and we'll see a significant drop in size and increase in some quality aspects in the next 18 months. Why buy a helmet that is outdated before it has 500 jumps on it?

How many people are going to replace their GoPro's and invest at least another $400-500+ when the quality and features are not going to be worth the upgrade? I'll be staying with both my GP4/GP3+ and Hypoxic Turned On's for the foreseeable future. Any new video camera smaller than the GP form factor could easily be adapted to be mounted in that helmet. I bet that you could fit 2 new GP sessions side by side. The helmet looks great and reminds me of my old 2k Composites ff2 helmet. I would definitely get the chin cup option. This is much safer option than all of the helmets with top mounted GP's. I know quite a few skydivers who have lost their GP's on exit. Not with this helmet. $400-500 is a reasonable price. Is it worth replacing the helmets we all currently own? Probably not. It is a good option for a newer jumper looking for a first helmet and could add the GP later.

Exactly what I was looking for... when I spent $300+ on my helmet & cutaway and $300+ on my dumb gopro, before the new gopro session released. This helmet is late to the game.
Good setup, new versiin of camera makes the new (safe!) setup obsolete... and so it goes.

I was looking at this helmet recently. One problem is the mounting inside.
If you get a hard knock to the front, you will get a nice GoPro print on your forehead.
A fellow skydiver at the DZ said he knows of one death associated with things mounted inside the helmet that transfered the impact force directly to the users head.

This helmet does has some padding between the camera and the head. In my opinion though its not enough. There needs to be some sort of plate to prevent the edge of the GoPro digging into the wearers head.
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl