Swoopper

Advise: Camera Suit .. Brand and Why?

Good Morning People!

I'm about ready to buy a camera suit .. and need advise here with so many options now.

Back in the day I had a BEV Camera suit with Large wings (for most stuff) and a Tony Camera suit for following teams.

Who makes the best camera suit these days .. and why do you think so.

Tell us how you fly? What are you going to be filming?

I am primarily a jumper whose core experience is rw jumps, with some freefly thrown in. Most of my jumps when I had ordered my camera suit were done in a Tony suit Pit Special RW suit.

I ordered a Tony camera suit with the biggest wing, and mega booties.

If I was a freefly guy I probably would have went with a different setup, but probably still Tonysuits.

I like my Tonysuit a lot, the build quality was great, I like the wing design it has minimal gap where it goes around the MLW.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I love my Tony Suit and use it primarily for videoing 4 way. I have a brand new one that just replaced one that I outgrew. It had over 1500 jumps and is still in good shape. There are some new improvements with some extra strengthening around the wing attachment. The quality is great and the material seems a bit more durable over my old suit. I like the mega booties, mesh line front, extra thigh pocket, foam padded knees, reinforced arms/legs, spandex arms and the A wing.

I agree. My only recent gripe with Tonysuits is a pair of tandem pants I bought recently with booties. The bootie material is way softer and more supple than what my original RW suit or my Camera suit was made of. It is almost like the other two suits had a higher quality tighter grained leather.

They have ripped already only two months in to the season. :| I am guessing they got a batch of material that isn't a good as what they usually get, but I asked and they said it was the same stuff that was on my 8 year old pitt special.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Just coming back into the sport / video work I'll be doing RW stuff (whatever is there) working my way into tandems and AFF again .. learning to Freefly along the way so I can eventually film that also. I used to like to sit fly but my old Big wing suit though the legs where baggy and it seemed to lay me out more then sit me up. Also it always kinda freaked my out not seeing the ground. I plan over coming this and becoming a sit flying master as soon as possible.

As far as Tonysuits until recently when I ordered my Pitsuit Comp special with all the bells and whistles. They asked for a remeasure about 4 weeks into the wait, so I did that. When I got the suit at the 9 week point it seemed to be made off the bad measurements. It was the wrong color, wrong grips, wrong options .. it was so bad.

DSE I did like a big wing back in the day also, better to have it and not need it then not have it and need it.

I see some Camera Jackets out there .. these seem pretty nice, anyone jumping them on a regular basis?