rtroup

128g SD card and hero 4

I have a Hero 4 black and had a lot of issues with 128GB cards. I stopped using 128GB cards. Sometimes it froze right after I stopped recording, sometimes it displayed "busy" in the display after turning on, which didn't stop, till I turned it off again.
The 32GB cards work without a problem at the moment - never tried a 64GB.

Disclaimer: I am on my 3rd Hero 4 Black at the moment, because all the previous ones failed to operate after some time and had software or connectivity issues. All models were tested with the newest available firmware v02.00.00. It's really sad, that GoPro still fails to deliver the product they are promising.

Maxx

I have a Hero 4 black and had a lot of issues with 128GB cards. I stopped using 128GB cards. Sometimes it froze right after I stopped recording, sometimes it displayed "busy" in the display after turning on, which didn't stop, till I turned it off again.
The 32GB cards work without a problem at the moment - never tried a 64GB.

Disclaimer: I am on my 3rd Hero 4 Black at the moment, because all the previous ones failed to operate after some time and had software or connectivity issues. All models were tested with the newest available firmware v02.00.00. It's really sad, that GoPro still fails to deliver the product they are promising.

The brand/class of card make all the difference in the world... are you using high-grade cards, or cheap no-name cards? Are you sure your cards are up to the task of recording HD?

Connectivity is a different story; GoPro has a long history of connectivity problems.

A slow card can cause corrupt files, which would make it appear that the camera is broken.

Beware buying cheap cards. Beware buying cards on the internet.
Lexar, Sandisk have all had counterfeited cards that have fooled even retailers. One major retailer replaced around 1000 counterfeit cards last year.

Buy good cards from reputable sources that will replace the card.

http://oeding.com/tutorial-how-to-spot-a-fake-memory-card/

Pobrause

***I was using Samsung Evo Cards, Class 10.

You might take a wild guess about the origin of your problem :P

Which 128GB cards are you using?
I was measuring 34mb/s write rate with CrystalDiskMark, that "should" be enough for 1080p60 recordings without protune (minus overhead blabla).
Fastest SanDisk 128GB were giving me roughly 20mb/s write rate so I opted for Samsung.
Was roughly 3 months ago when I tested it, so maybe there are new and more speedy 128GB cards out already? Please tell me :)