keithbar

cheap new gopro

I finally drank the Kool Aid and got one . but I'm a cheap ass so I got the entry-level $129 model. anyone using the new GoPro Hero with the non removable battery and case.? I can see that not being able to have a spare charged battery is a downside
but I'm just looking for something to play with and put on interesting spots like my foot during a wingsuit jump
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Hellis

You can't take out the battery on that model?
B|

What are you going to do when it freezes up?

first get>:( then I guess take it back to Wal-Mart. I bought the $14 two year insurance policy on it.:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

just thought I would post an update I've been jumping it all summer. I was worried about battery life but so far it's been all good . Knock wood. it will easily last for a full day of jumping.B|

Just thought I'd bump this thread and see if anyone else was using one. I liked mine so much I bought a second one. Went to the dropzone the other weekend and left my charging cable at home. The standard gopro's charging cable is not the same as this model:S BUT I was searching through all my old school R C A and svideo cable's. And found out that it is a FireWire to usb cable. So FireWire isn't completely dead B|

Hellis

Then you will have to spend most of the summer at Walmart ;)

But this model might be more reliable than all other GoPro?
I don't know...

. Just had my initial issue the other weekend. Think it was my fault I put a sd card in that I had used in a different camera. It turned on and started flashing in the door. When I landed it was turned off and locked up. Ended up with a corrupt card. But after I took the card out and plugged it in and recharged it it went back to working. B|