DSE

New Blackmagic Micro Cinema

If you're looking for the ultimate in POV;
This is it.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicmicrocinemacamera

The MFT lenses are a pain with the super 16 imager and the 2X crop factor, but unless one needs to shoot stupid-wide, this is is the cream of the crop for most pros looking for something several steps closer to a RED vs shooting a GoPro.

Veryyy interesting. Noticed they also have the Blackmagic Design Micro Studio Camera 4K version too. The regular version differentiates between which fps it can shoot with global shutter and rolling shutter. I didn't see that differentiation with the 4K version, would that means the 4K version can shoot all specified fps with global shutter?

I looked through all there technical specifications but couldn't find it specified anywhere.

Laszloimage

The other new BMD announcement seems pretty cool too for the price...
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursamini

The Ursa Mini is jumpable. I was part of the press announcement/training at NAB for this camera and it's bigger brother, the Ursa (I still think they should have called the mini the "Ursa Minor").

it's a great camera for price. For the casual user, the BMD workflow doesn't make sense but for the pro that wants fine images, it's an incredible workflow, and exceptionally sweet images when put into Resolve or other editing tool. But...if you're a person that shoots, does a few minor edits, and posts to Facebook...NONE of the BMD tools are right for you.

Yes I agree 100% about the editing and the work flow... Last year I owned the Cine 4K for a few months and made some jumps with it. The final result can be incredible,
but it is definitely lot of work in Davinci Resolve (which itself is a series project just to learn to use the basics...). The shooting isn't that simple either... Image stabilized lens helps a lot with the shake in freefall, maual exposure is definitely difficult to change and set properly in a crowded airplane :)
Equipment like BMD only makes sense if there's a definite budget for its utilization
I should "revisit" those test shots for further post production just for fun and learn more :)
The attached picture is a "processed" 4K frame grab from BMD Cine 4K

Laszloimage

Yes I agree 100% about the editing and the work flow... Last year I owned the Cine 4K for a few months and made some jumps with it. The final result can be incredible,
but it is definitely lot of work in Davinci Resolve (which itself is a series project just to learn to use the basics...). The shooting isn't that simple either... Image stabilized lens helps a lot with the shake in freefall, maual exposure is definitely difficult to change and set properly in a crowded airplane :)
Equipment like BMD only makes sense if there's a definite budget for its utilization
I should "revisit" those test shots for further post production just for fun and learn more :)
The attached picture is a "processed" 4K frame grab from BMD Cine 4K

I use the pocketcam regularly; it too, goes into Resolve for posting, but more and more, I'm using LUTs that I built for Vegas, and it's more or less "instant." The attached shots are from Vegas 13's output, split for before/after. It's just 4:2:2 ProRes vs RAW (except one shot, and I defy anyone to know which one :)

I'm in love with the process, now that it's *mostly* a one-button add. These shots have not been retouched, they're just straight LUTs that I designed and have stored as presets.

This is one of the frailties of MFT lenses, however...with a tight aperture (the only way you'll have focus with a UAV), focus is infinite.

HOWEVER...the *primary* reason for the Micro, is high-quality UAV work, and one *can* control focus with it.

The Pocket doesn't do 4K.