SkyAnt

Contour Camera Parts

Anyone know where I can get the "backdoor" for the early model Contour or Contour Roam?
Nobody seems to stock them in store. The contour website doesn't seem to respond to international customers. They even advertise it as a $5 part but you can't order it from the website. And I have not found a retailer that sells anything other than the mounts.
Anything on ebay seems to get gobbled up pretty quickly or charge almost as much as an entire second hand camera.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

SkyAnt

Anyone know where I can get the "backdoor" for the early model Contour or Contour Roam?
Nobody seems to stock them in store. The contour website doesn't seem to respond to international customers. They even advertise it as a $5 part but you can't order it from the website. And I have not found a retailer that sells anything other than the mounts.
Anything on ebay seems to get gobbled up pretty quickly or charge almost as much as an entire second hand camera.

Grab one when you find it if you need one badly. Contour is out of business. One of the previous owners bought up the remaining stock and is selling, but it's more of a liquidation than a functioning company.

Lost the back door on my older model Contour also. Like you I had no luck locating it in anyone's parts list in stock including Contour.
I contacted Contour by phone (since they reopened) and explained my problem and one of the guys there shipped one directly to me.
Still using it.
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"