mccordia

Cookie Fuel - FlatLock Pro (TopMount) question

Im using a Cookie Fuel (chincup/cutaway), and am looking for topmount options on a normal (small DSLR/mirrorless) camera.

Has anyone used the Flatlock Pro and FlatLock Adapter with the helmet? Ive seen those used on a G3 (for those keen to jump a fullface with heavy cameras and no cutaway), but anyone have pictures/experiences of the Flatlock combined with a Fuel?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I have a Cookie Flatlock on mine with a Canon SL1. I have a Brent's ringsight and an Ultimate blow switch. I use the Cookie roller mount for the Hero 4. I made a hollow spacer to get the lens to clear the Hero. I'm sure there will be debate but I like it. A guy that I know has the Fuel and a Flatlock also. His is mounted down flat on the helmet with no spacer but he uses an older style Hero mount instead of the roller.

Edit: Added another pic.
Chad B Hall
Woo hoo!
My goal is to make every jump a fun and safe one. Blue skies!
Some of my videos...

The rubber/curved flatlock adapter. Do you know which one fits the fuel helmet curvature best?
As I see there is a MXV, ROK, OZONE, GAS and ATOMIC version? My guess would be the MXV version in te size of the helmet, but advice appreachiated?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I was recently at one of their factory's in Brisbane to buy some accessories and I got a glimpse into a bit of product development, they are actually working on a flatmount designed specific for the fuel.

I imagine it's going to have a riser for the mount so you can keep your gopro on the front. Might be worth a wait

mccordia

The rubber/curved flatlock adapter. Do you know which one fits the fuel helmet curvature best?
As I see there is a MXV, ROK, OZONE, GAS and ATOMIC version? My guess would be the MXV version in te size of the helmet, but advice appreachiated?

Sorry but I don't remember. I called Chutingstar and asked them to try them and send me the one that worked best. Good luck!
Chad B Hall
Woo hoo!
My goal is to make every jump a fun and safe one. Blue skies!
Some of my videos...