714david

Canon T3I vs Nikon

Can anyone advise how well the Canon T3i camera works for freefall photography? A friend of mine gave me grief over not choosing the equivalent in a Nikon. I plan on top mounting on a Goldmember QR and activating the shutter using a bite switch. I wasn't sure if I should cancel my order and buy a Nikon instead.

Thanks

KT

A friend of mine gave me grief over not choosing the equivalent in a Nikon

Your friend would be wrong - you should have gone for a Sony ;):D

You will always find people gunning for 1 brand. In my opinion Canon/Nikon is the same thing, its just which ever one you chose first when you first started buying camera gear.

I'm still keen to get myself the Sony A6000 though...

Since digital, Canon's have long been the most common in the sport. I use Nikon, but that's because I own a lot of Nikon lenses. If I was starting over again it's just as likely I would choose Canon. In the DSLR world they are peers. In the mirrorless world they are behind Sony, and Samsung, and Fuji.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Thank you all very much! I loved the pics too. I'm just getting my hands dirty in the still photography side of our sport and I wanted to check with those of you that have been there. This is one of the many reasons I love this sport.

Now I need to try not to break the darn thing.

KT.

markbdaniels

A friend of mine gave me grief over not choosing the equivalent in a Nikon

Your friend would be wrong - you should have gone for a Sony ;):D

You will always find people gunning for 1 brand. In my opinion Canon/Nikon is the same thing, its just which ever one you chose first when you first started buying camera gear.

I'm still keen to get myself the Sony A6000 though...

Finally got a few jumps on my A6000 and am quite happy with the result. Even with the kit lens, the IQ is amazing.

I bet that A6000 with a GoPro would be awesome for work and team jumps. Heck you could even through a speedlite on and be lighter than a Canon/Sony CX set up.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.